Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Familiar Face

Default cull old cruise messages?

Hi Staff, is it possible to cull some of the messages ; I had posted on "Seeking cruise companion" when I meant to start a new thread or reach someone who does the editing.

Many of the messages refer to cruises that have happened several years ago. C, ould you set up a way to delete any that are over 2 years old (or any time period you choose) or make an automatic delete if the original posting date is distant?

Marg
Old July 11th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I understand your frustration, but there are other ways for you to find current messages without us having to delete all the old ones. You can always just click on "New Posts" in the options bar above, for example.

We feel that people sometimes want to reference older messages for specific reasons - maybe you want to recall the name of a ship someone recommended, prices, itineraries, etc.

Unfortunately, the truth is that this web site (despite the name) is not here just to service the "seeking cruise mates" community, in fact, that is an area we purposely leave largely untouched because we do not want to get personally involved with the process of people meeting in there and what might happen in real life.

So - the only way we have to delete old posts is to do it by date, and in many cases that would also delete a lot of good information that isn't just about seeking cruise mates.

Now - so you know, I do go in sometimes and delete posts where the title says "seeking cruise mate" and it has a specific date in the subject line, but I do not have time to read each post - I am far too busy trying to help the readership community at large with cruise-specific related information, not just people with personal pursuits to find cruise mates.

Thanks for understanding!!!!