Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Azamara Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Beginner

Default Azamara Quest July 2008

My partner and I are booked for this cruise. We're interested in hearing what others think about Azamara. We've cruised with Princess and Royal Carribbean but wanted something different. Comments welcome. Anyone out there booking this trip too?
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Azamara Quest July 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by langmac
My partner and I are booked for this cruise. We're interested in hearing what others think about Azamara. We've cruised with Princess and Royal Caribbean but wanted something different. Comments welcome. Anyone out there booking this trip too?
I completed a 12 day, Brasilian cruise in Nov/Dec and it is one of our best cruises to date. It wasn't just because it was a great itinerary but Azamara exceeded my expectations in all areas.

Service: A
Food: B+ to A-
Entertainment: While not lavish shows they were intimate and quite good.
Dining venues: A. There are a great variety and a wonderful grill near the pool with made to order burgers. Not pre-cooked and warmed.
The alternative dining areas are very good. Not quite Celebrity in service but equal in food quality. My preference was Prime C. The Breezes cafe (night time alternate dining), is converted from the buffet in the evening, has a wonderful array of fresh cooked and well prepared food. A great place if you have a night that you are too tired to hit the dining room.

If you are looking for a port intensive, smaller ship atmosphere with great service, open seating main dining and much better than average food this is the cruise line you want.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 28th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Beginner

It's -32 in Calgary, Alberta tonight. We'll be dreaming of cruising. Thanks for the input!