Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Azamara Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM
First Mate

Default Would Like To See Updated Cruise Reviews

The reviews on Azamara Club Cruises are rather old. I am looking at a cruise on the Journey late fall this year. Anyone with current expierence on that ship--could you please post a review (long or short)? Just so it's up to date.---Thanks:-):-)
Old July 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Bill,

Mine, may be one of the older reviews but.....

We sailed on Azamara Journey in December of '07. It was only a few months after its inception but it was one of the best cruises we've had. It was a Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay, 12 day cruise.

My wife and I love the R ships of Azamara, Oceania and the smaller Princess ships. They have a passenger capacity of 680 - 700 people but they offer almost all of the major amenities of the larger ships. There is no large production shows but the show lounge is a more intimate setting and they had some decent comedians and singers.

The thing I enjoyed most is the food. The country club casual, open seating, dining is great on a port intensive itinerary. They have two specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina, and they offer excellent food that is well prepared and they use high quality ingredients. The main dining room and buffet were also very good with nothing that I didn't like. I am somewhat of a, self admitted, food snob so I feel that it's high praise.

With the changes that Azamara has made in the last year, with included gratuities, wines with meals, more overnights at embarkation, debarkation and other ports, they have moved from niche to ultra-premium. I know you will like it. Especially if the itinerary is important to you.

One hint: If you are booking a standard balcony cabin don't go for the top end. The only difference is the location on the ship.

Take care and enjoy,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Whilie Mike;s revie is still reelvent, I agree we needed uofated reviews on these ships. I am making it a perosnal comitment to get on an Azamara ship ASAP and write us a full professional review at my first chance,

Thank you for the suggestion!
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:05 PM
Admiral

I will be on the Journey for Nov. 3rd Holy Land sailing. We are very much looking forward to this. We were on the Tahitian Princess a few years ago and loved the small ship. I believe they are even better now with more food choices etc.

We are anxiously awaiting our turn.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:29 AM
First Mate

Default Thanks for replies

I continue to look at the Transatlantic from Italy in November since we will dock on a Cunard cruise a couple of days before. Thanks for your replies.
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:30 AM
First Mate

Mike---many thanks for your review and reply.
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Azamara has changed latey since the takeover by Larry Pimentel. Please read our interview article with him.

Larry Pimentel - Cruise Chief ExtraordinaireMay 17, 2010 ... The new president of Azamara Club Cruises, Larry Pimentel, shares his philosophy and stories.
www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/Pimentel-Azamara-051710.cfm