Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2001, 12:32 PM
CathyG

Default Water taxis in St. Lucia

I have gotten ( and I hope giver) some very good advice in these message boards. Got one
more shore excursion question. I would like to do my own tour of St. Lucia. Only problem - the
Carnival Destiny, the ship I will be sailing, will only be in port about 6.5 hours. I would like to get
to Soufriere ( were the Pitons are) to snorkle. Taking a regular taxi is too long. I would like to take
a water taxi. Here are my questions:

1) Have any of you ever used the water taxi to get from Castries to Soufriere? ( Not the ship excursion boats)

2) Were the water taxis waiting at the docks?

3) How much did it cost per person, round trip

Please help. Don't see anything I want to do on ship excursion list. Have been to St. Lucia before.
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2001, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Water taxis in St. Lucia

You could look into a private boat charter. We did this during our stay in St. Lucia and it was the most memorable day. We hired a local named Junior Compton who has about a 25-foot fishing boat the Regina. He was a very capable and knowledgeable seaman and guide. You could email him ahead of time at ReginaJ9@hotmail.com or call 758-484-9014. Feel free to email me for further questions. I have attached a picture of us on the Regina.

Theresa

Old July 2nd, 2001, 10:30 PM
CathyG

Default Re: Water taxis in St. Lucia

Thank you so very much! I have e-mailed Junior and I am waiting for his reply.