Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Passenger

Default Anyone stop at CostaMaya this week?

Just wondering what it is like...heard ships were docking this week.
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2001, 09:32 PM
David G.

Default Re: Anyone stop at CostaMaya this week?

Mary, here is a review I saw on the RCCL board here at cruisemates, doesn't sound promising for Costa Maya.

I just got back from Enchantment on Sunday. We did the Caribbean cruise (Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya & Grand Caymen). Last year we cruised on Carnival. This was the first time with RCI and I have to say it was the best vacation I have ever been on. The service in the dining room was incredible. The ship was great and the rooms were nice. I do think the cabins on Carnival were a little bigger but not enough where it mattered. The crew on board this ship left me speechless. They really treated us great. The food was real good too. We were the first RCI cruise to stop in Cost Maya and they were not very pleased with it. There wasn't much to do because it is not built up at all. I think RCI received alot of complaints and from what some crew members told me they will not be returning there until it's a little more built up. What I heard was that they will be replacing that port with Montego Bay. Hope you have a great time! I loved it.
Old July 14th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Anyone stop at CostaMaya this week?

We were on Grand Princess on July 1 sailing. Although we were supposed to stop at Costa Maya, we stopped instead at Playa Del Carmen.