Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2001, 12:52 PM
Suzan

Default swinging,,?

I think advertising for swingers on this site is a bit rude,,if what you mean by swingers,,is what I think,,wait til you board,,then find your swingers geeeeesh....................if you don't mean what I thin please correct me,,
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2001, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: swinging,,?

Hi Suzan,
While I don't swing myself, there are others that do. I didn't take it as advertising, just want to meet up with others with the same lifestyle, and I honestly don't think they meant to offend anyone, guess they should of posted in the "meet on board"?
Sorry if you felt it was rude of them.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 31st, 2001, 05:58 PM
Suzan

Donna,,Thanks you for your message,,I guess if one chooses that lifestyle,so be it...just don't flant it,,cuz personally it offends me,,,I guess cuz I have a great & content life,,with ONE honey,,hahaha..Thanks@
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:34 PM
gogetter

Hello,

In no way, shape or form am i knocking anyone's ideas or beliefs. I respect everyone's opinion, so i hope mine will be also.

Everyone flaunts something at sometime in their life. Look at the guy that buys his lady an engagement ring, sometimes he will show someone to get an opinion if it is good or bad. I guess he is wanting to be accepted for his purchase as well as a show of affection. What about the lady when she accepts ? She 'flaunts' it all over the place. Has to show everyone.

WHAt about guys and their cars ? All different types of cars. Shined up, loud music, fixed up, hot rods. It's all flaunting. Also what about people who buy expensive cars ? It's much more'practical' to buy somethiing more economical.

Women in revealing clothes, and yes men too. What about the house you own ?
Lot's of offensive things out there i guess....

Thanks for letting me rattle on....
Old August 31st, 2001, 11:10 PM
Suzan

Gogetter,,flaunting a ring,,a car,,etc,,that perhaps you have worked hard to buy,,or pride in showing off a girl or perhaps an special ring/gift is one thing,,,flaunting,,or advertising for adultery is quite another thing,,,or is it just me???
Old September 1st, 2001, 03:47 PM
hctjdc

Default Re: Get a life Suzan & Darlene

Meet on Board would be more approppriate if necessary--If I knew I saved all yr to go on a Swingers cruise or be at a swingers table in the DR I would not be very happy. Doing your own thing is fine but keep it private.
Old September 1st, 2001, 08:45 PM
Suzan

Default Re: Natonya,,,

Ps,,I didn't judge their lifestyle...I gave my opinion..,,I didn't resort to name calling,,like you have,,but it shows ignorance,,since you don't know me from adam,,and get fired up from a post on a web site..perhaps its you that needs a life@@ @@@@@@@@@@,,take a look at yourself,,
Old September 10th, 2001, 12:59 AM
Admiral

Susan,

I agree that the recent post looking for swingers was pretty tasteless.

As a Christian, I choose not to live the "swinging" lifestyle because I believe that adultery as contrary to God's will. Nonetheless, we don't have a right to control other folks who have not yet come to Christian faith.

That said, one lesson that I have learned the hard way is that it's sometimes better to let things that are repulsive to us fade into oblivion rather than drawing more attention to them....

Anyway, don't let it spoil your next cruise!

Norm.
Old September 10th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default There's nothing wrong with it!!

I understand some peoples views on swinging but I find nothing wrong with it. My wife and I have bee married 6 years and we swing. Unfortunatly we won't be on the same cruise as Tim & Gail (i think that's their names).

We enjoy it and love meeting new people. It keeps our sex life very exciting and it is never boring. You are commited to one person but make love (or sometimes just have sex) with someone else. I think more people would do it if they weren't afraid of what everyone else would think. Swinging is like being allowed to go on that first date. How many of us would enjoy experiencing that anxious nervousness of a first date all over again?

We don't go around flaunting anything. We are very discreet about it. I'm sure that is why that couple chose to post it and see who else is out there on the cruise. I would be very surprised if the conversation came up at the dinner table. That would be tacky and tastless.

I wish everyone will keep on cruising and swinging. Enjoy your life to the max.

P.S. USE PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 10th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Suzan

Default Re: yuk

Sick,,,((...Don't worry,,no swingers will run anything for me,,cruise or otherwise,,your entire paragraph I find disgustng, No more comment,,swing away,,and when your daughters' doing it,,hope your proud...
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: There's nothing wrong with it!!

Jack,

My post basically took an "I choose not to because... but live and let live" tact.

In this context, your post in reply to mine begs the question of why you feel a need to defend your lifestyle -- which I did not attack in the first place.

Do you objectively hold any hope that you are going to persuade those of us that there's nothing wrong with a practice that's completely contrary to our faith?

Or, rather, are you trying to persuade your own nagging conscience?

(Just curious -- you need not answer.)

Norm.
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:31 AM
nabrf

Default Live and let live?

Norm...That sure didn't sound like a "live and let live" tact to me. When you describe something as "repulsive" and "contrary to god's will", I don't think that you're actually making a statement that it's OK to believe differently than you. You may THINK that you are, but you're not.

And just who are you trying to pursuade with your righteous needling of this guy? That you're better than he is or that you're smugger and more narrowminded? I can tell you what impression that *I* got from your post :-)

I'm not a swinger and I'm not endorsing this lifestyle. But somehow I find it more acceptable than bible-thumping, canned-lifestyle, I've-got-to-be-told-how-to-behave, intolerant folks like you.
Old September 12th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Live and let live?

Thanks nabrf. I wish there were more people like you.