Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Browezilla

Default Which ship has the best S. Caribbean itinerary

I was just curious what ship you think has the best Southern Caribbean itinerary, and what you think of that ship.

An itinerary that I really like is the Carnival Jubilee, but the ship is from 1986. Its age and reviews would concern me. I also like the RC Adventure of the Seas St. Lucia itinerary.

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Which ship has the best S. Caribbean itinerary

Hi Browezilla,
Before we booked our Radiance cruise I too had a difficult time deciding which ship/itinary. There are quite a few out there to choose from:

Constellation: round-trip from San Juan at 11pm Fridays, November 16, 2002 through April 5, 2003, to St. Croix, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua and St. Thomas. Holiday sailings departing San Juan on December 21 and December 28, 2002 call at Aruba, Barbados and St. Thomas. Round-trip from San Juan, seven nights every Saturday, November 8, 2003 through April 17, 2004, to St. Maaren, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. John's and St. Thomas.

Adventure of the Seas: round-trip from San Juan on Sundays to Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Thomas, November 3, 2002 through April 2003 and November 2, 2003 to April 25, 2004. Alternates with itinerary calling at St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados, Sundays through November 3, 2002 and April 13 to October 26, 2003.

Radiance of the Seas: round-trip from San Juan, Saturdays November 23, 2002 through April 12, 2003 to St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Lucia and Barbados.

I had a hard time picking from these 3 and decided on Radiance mainly because I really wanted to try out this class and it also sails from Sat/Sat which works well for us.
There are still some nice Princess cruises too.

Let us know what you decide??

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 4th, 2002, 04:22 PM
WilliamBlack

I would check out the Carnival Destiny. Great ports and plenty of time at each port. St. Thomas, Barbados, Aruba & Martinique. Check it out!
Old January 15th, 2004, 12:07 PM
adalace

I'll be going on the same ship.
Even though I heard similar reviews like yours, it all depends on what you are planning to do.
Are you planning on staying on the Ship most of the time or doing excursions ?
I went on a cruise 2 years ago on the galaxy (celebrity cruises) and I was hardly on the ship, except in the night time.
Old January 15th, 2004, 12:43 PM
HeySailor

We thoroughly enjoyed the Norwegian Sky's "deep southern" itinerary: RT every other Sunday from San Juan with stops in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Dominica and Barbados. Only one sea day.

On the alternate Sundays, this ship does the "exotic southern Caribbean" tour, again from San Juan: St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, Martinique and St. Martin. Again, only one sea day.

Fun ship, too.
Old January 15th, 2004, 10:07 PM
First Mate

My two cents...

Our first cruise was on NCL Sky (Western Caribbean) and we loved the ship as well as the Freestyle cruising. A friend of mine recently returned from her honeymoon cruise on the Sky - Exotic Southern Caribbean and she loved it! If you want to try Freestyle cruising, the Sky would be my choice, especially since you are in port most days and probably don't want to rush and dress for dinner when back onboard.

Pics of the Sky: http://www.cmgoddard.com/pages/2/index.htm
Old January 17th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Marina

my 2 cents... jubilee 1/31/2004san juan, st thomas (means ferry to st john) antigua, st lucia, dominica. dom rep 2 days then back to san juan. no at sea days)))))))))))))))))). last year the jubilee stopped in Martinique, but advised passengers not to go ashore. im going to email carnival and ask why they stop at ports that advise us not to go ashore. ill post answer under new topic when i get one, if i do.
Old January 19th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Carlyn

I am now planning my first cruise and I am seriously considering the 7 night Carnival-Jubillee southern caribbean cruise including stops in Tortola, Dominica, St.Lucia etc.
Old January 19th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Which ship has the best S. Caribbean itinerary

Hi Marina....I'm also doing the Jubilee 1/31/04....The itinerary looks wonderful. Do you know exactly where the ship will tie up in Dominican Rep and is there a beach nearby. Do you happen to know if it's by Casa de Campo resort?? thanks....seawhirl

Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Marina

splash, i tryed follwing the sun............, but i think it went south i understand the ship docks at a terminal between la roman, and the casa d campo resort. my daughter and i are thinking about taking the cataline island beach break from the ship to go snorkling. i emailed carnival about ther ship arrests and unrest in the DR, so far no answer, only a number. im concerned they will recomment we stay about ship. check out... cruisereviews.com or tom oggs web site. they are smaller message boards, but i did find out where to go on all the other islands except DR. let me know....