Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Western Caribbean 9-15-03 - Belize, Cozumel and Key West

Can anyone suggest things to do in all three? My husband and I REALLY love to dive. The excursions offered by Royal Caribbean are pretty expensive on most of the ports, especially Belize. I wondered if anyone had tried to do a private trip to the Blue Hole there (is there time to get there and back)?

We are in port at Key West only from 7 am until 2 pm... what types of things can one do there? Can one do any diving? Nothing appeared to be offered. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions for Cozumel also? I heard about the Chankan.... Park place to check out.

Any information is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Fred and Liz

Default Re: Western Caribbean 9-15-03 - Belize, Cozumel and Key West

On Key West get a bike at the pier and go exploring. Jimmy Buffet's has the most expensive and worst margarita's in the USA

Cozumel has web sites loaded with dive trips. generally they run $45 to 60. My experience is that the cruise trips are a bit tame.

have fun Fred
Old February 12th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Western Caribbean 9-15-03 - Belize, Cozumel and Key West

COZUMEL - you want to dive the reefs, Palencaar is a great one. Channunkaub National Park is basically for snorkeling.