Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM
Default Belize Beaches?

Now that I've found something that looks fun in Conzumel... I am wondering are there any good beaches in Belize? All of the excursions arranged by RC seem to be Jungle activities and the two beach activities require at least a 45 minute boat ride. I'd like to be able to just go to a beach and hang out and maybe be able to walk around and shop a little. Is that possible in Belize or should I plan to do that in Conzumel and plan my more active activities in Belize?

Thanks!
Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2003, 07:51 PM
HOSKI

Default Re: Belize Beaches?

The mainland in Belize does not have beaches so to speak you will need to take the boat ride if you want a beach. This may be a place to do a more inland type activities such as ruins, the zoo or jungle.
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Admiral

That is correct. This is not a beach port. As mentioned, if you really just want beach time, then book a ship's tour (snorkeling) that would take you to Armbergis Caye. You do not have to snorkeling off of the boat. But the sun can get very hot and there is no shade. The distance into the Belize dock is almost 5 miles from where your ship will anchor. Planning a private water taxi is tricky with timing. We did Reggie's Cave Tubing tour (www.regtour.com) which was lots of fun although a little strenuous. It really depends on the water level. Try something new. You may not wish to be out in the strong sun at every port. Cozumel is the beach place at Mr. Sancho's.
Bon Voyage
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Passenger

We stopped in Belize June 2002 on the NCL Sun-we are Mayan history buffs and of course did the New River and Lamanai tour to the Mayan ruins..and yes, its in the jungle..what a wonderful(hot and humid) experience..I believe not to be missed..the site is very large, you take speed boats with twin 220hp motors up the river for about an hour, then lunch prepared by the Mayan women at the shady area near your dock and then on into the jungle to see the ruins-fantastic! The tour takes all day-7 hours but is well worth it..
Hope you will consider this one.!