Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to BambiRumsey Send a message via MSN to BambiRumsey
Default Belize with Young Child

We are cruising on the Celebrity Galaxy out of Balitmore on 9/12 with our 4 year old daughter. We are veteran cruisers and know our way around most ports except for this one. This will be our first time to Belize and after viewing the shore excursions available through the ship I am not seeing anything appropriate for our daughter.

Any suggestions? We are doing pretty much beach days in the other ports but my understanding is that beaches are not close by to the Belize port.

HELP! Should we just make this a "stay on the ship" day and take advantage of less populated facilities?
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Belize with Young Child

Why not take an excursion to the Belize zoo? It is supposed to be nice. They have a website at http://www.belizezoo.org.

Or, arrange a private excursion that suits the needs of your family. We are using Sea Sports Belize for our family excursion, they will plan an excursion just for you.

Don't miss Belize. I know some people may be turned off by the poverty of the city, but get out of the city and see the beautiful country or visit the cayes. We chose our cruise specifically to see Belize.

Karen

Carnival Glory- 8/16/03
Old July 27th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM

You might look into the swimming with stingrays. I don't know if there is an age requirement but I have heard the water is shallow enough for you to stand in. I have heard of elderly people participating and just standing in the water without putting their face in. That would probobly be very exciting for her to have the rays swimming all around her. Perhaps you and your family members can take turns holding her while the others snorkle. If you have TA perhaps they can provide you with some good advice.
Old July 27th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Passenger

I booked an excursion through cbelize.com. Excellent prices. We are going to Altun Ha Mayan ruins and the Belize Zoo. I am also traveling with a 4 yr old daughter & 2 older sons. I thought this excursion would be something for all of us. You don't pay anything up front and they are very helpful & responsive to emails. Good luck!
Old July 31st, 2003, 09:10 PM
HOSKI

My mother-in-law and I are taking the same cruise as ladybrock and hubby is taking our four year old over to Caye Caulker by water taxi for a day on the island.
Old August 5th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Davina

Just got back from the Paradise. Took our 4 year old and 8 year old with us. Belize was one of our absolute favorite ports! We took the Caye Caulker water taxi. $15.00 round trip and 1/2 price for children. 45 minute boat ride. Go to "the point". It has a blocked in cement wall with about 2 feet of water. Perfect for my 4 year old to play all day. If you go over the cement wall and swim about 10 feet amazing sand bars. You look like you are standing out in the middle of the crystal clear ocean and it is about 3 feet deep. My husband snorkeled, kids LOVED it. You can print the times and prices off the internet for the Caye Caulker Water Taxi.