Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Passenger

Default Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, had a bad time!

Exactly 4 days ago (9/4/03), we were in Cozumel. We had had a GREAT vacation so far aboard Explorer of the Seas and all the ports visited had been a pleasure...Labadee, Grand Cayman, Jamaica.... but in Cozumel, we decided to rent a Jeep and do our own thing (we were 4 adults, ages 33-37). We drove around this beautiful island and enjoyed ourselves tremendously until we got to our final destination, Mr. Sancho's.

I do NOT recommend you visit Mr. Sancho's. The place is actually pretty nice but the crowd was not and the management from the place was not interested in controlling people's behavior. Mr. Sancho's is a club of sorts with no entrance fee, which offers private (beautiful) beach, great food, clean bathrooms, showers, pool, etc. The entire experience was horrible for us because a group from a carnival cruise that was in Cozumel at the same time as our cruise, began to strip and engage in "licking" games with the BARTENDERS (!) and anyone else that would engage them. They were pouring liquor on their breast and lower parts and having the bartenders lick them while they stood on the bar. They ended up stripping TOTALLY (both women and men!!) and walking naked on the beach (supposedly to prove something?!?) and swimming/playing naked on the beach and in the water the entire afternoon. I should mention that there were children and families (like ours) at the place and the experience was awful to say the least. I blame management for not controlling the situation but of course all they seemed to care about was selling their products and this bunch was certainly consuming beer and alcohol like crazy! It was all so discusting and the people with children saw their "innocence" go away in a few minutes. People could not leave fast enough to avoid this horrible bunch of people which was coming to all the tables to "invite" others to join in!

I am 33, not old, not conservative and can deal with some fun or some drunk people behaving badly. But this, my friends, was WAY TOO MUCH. Even our husbands thought that the managers should have done something to control a deteriorating scene. But nothing was done.

I want as many people as possible to read this so that they don't make the mistake of going to this place.

Sorry to have been at Sancho's!
Vivi
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, had a bad time!

Damn, I'm going East Sat on EOS I'm going to miss all the fun. I went west on EOS before but missed that spot. Thanks for the great info