Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Passenger

Default Paradise Point Tramway in St. Thomas

Can anyone clue me into how good this attraction is? We will be in St. Thomas from 10 am to 8 pm. I saw on their website they are open only until 5 pm. The Godfrey Tour will be taking pick us up at 10:30 and take his to the shopping area until noon. He will then give us a tour of the town and drop us off at Megan's Bay for two hours of beach time and then return us to the ship. I was wondering if we might have time to do the Tramway between 4-5 pm or should we try to spend our morning shopping time doing the Tramway and shop after the tour? Any recommendations would be appreciated as I want to get in as much as we can. Too, we aren't really big on the shopping.
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2003, 08:43 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Paradise Point Tramway in St. Thomas

Godfrey will take you to the Mountaintop View as part of his island tour. In my opinion, that's even more spectacular than Paradise Point. So, the only difference is the tram ride, which again, in my opinion, is simply no big deal. Then add to that that Mountaintop View is part of your tour price, and you have to pay $15 per person for Paradise Point. St. Thomas is such a good shopping and beach place ... you don't want to short change either of those activities.

We've done both ... here's our pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/judyjbest

Happy Cruising!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old October 25th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Passenger

Let me make sure I understand correctly. The mountaintop view is basically the same view we will get from Paradise Point. So, Paradise Point isn't worth going too. Save that time after the tour shopping and browsing the town area? Thanks!
Old October 25th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Paradise Point Tramway in St. Thomas

Oh, one other question. During the tour does Godfrey stop long enough to allow photos to be taken?
Old October 25th, 2003, 08:58 PM
First Mate

We originally booked with Godfery's, but he was a no call, no show for us. So, we took a tour with Roy. I have assumed it was identical, based on what people have said about Godfrey's. Roy stopped at several great photo ops, taking our cameras and snapping pictures of the couples/families at each. Mountaintop View is a longer stop, because it has shops, a bar and grill, and a view, just like Paradise Point. I just didn't feel like Paradise Point was as neat as Mountaintop View. But, I'm sure the views aren't identical.

Happy cruising!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Old October 26th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Paradise Point Tramway in St. Thomas

Gosh, I certainly hope that Godfrey doesn't stand us up. I've read forums that give him rave reviews and he's been very prompt in responding to my e-mail messages. Anyone else had any trouble with Godfrey Tours?
Old October 26th, 2003, 10:41 AM
First Mate

On our tour with Godfrey on our wedding day (March of this year), we had plenty of time for photos at each of the stops. Not only did we have a stop at Mountain Top, but also another location that loverlooked Charlotte Amalie and the bay.
I can't compare the stops to the tram because in our three visits to St Thomas, we've never taken the tram (cruise ship stops and land-based vacation). However, on this webpage you can see some of the pics from our tour with him:
http://www.cmgoddard.com/pages/3/index.htm
You can click on most of the pics to open a larger image.

On a side note... That's not cool that stand-up happened. Hopefully it was a family emergency or something as opposed to a "just don't want to get out of bed today" excuse. I hope you were able to make the most of your day in St Thomas!
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:11 AM
First Mate

I very seldom comment on that no call, no show, because Godfrey has given so many people excellent tours. The only advice I give folks is to get a phone number where you can check on the tour. I believe if I had done that one thing, we wouldn't have been stuck! I have no idea what happened with Godfrey that day, and it absolutely did not ruin our day ... just several very tense moments initially! He seems to be very trustworthy, we were apparently just booked on a bad day!

Happy cruising!

Old October 27th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Passenger

That is a relief - had begun to get worried. I plan to take the e-mail he sent us and will make sure I have the phone number to contact him should something happen.
Thanks!
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:16 AM
browezilla

Drake's Seat and/or Mountain Top are better views than Paradise Pt. Any cabbie will take you there and give you plenty of time for pix. In my opinion, unless you want to shop at Mt Top, there is no need to go farther than Drake's Seat. Mt. Top's views aren't as good as Drake's Seat (Drake is on the way to Mt. Top).