Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Christopher

Default Labadee or Belize city?

I have two cruise the same time of year but only difference is stops at belize city or Labadee.... I 'm just looking for a great day of waverunners, swimming, maybe snorkeling, swimming and relaxing......... Which of the two stops would be suggested for my trip..............any other suggestions of things to plan or do at these stops???
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Craig

Default Re: Labadee or Belize city?

Hi Christopher,

Never been to Belize but I can tell you Labadee is exactly what your looking for. Waverunners are a blast. Great beaches for swimming or just relaxing. Snorkeling is just ok, but if your not seriously into that it's plenty good enough.

Craig ...
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:00 AM
browezilla

I personally didn't like Labadee. Too laid back for me with limited options. There is no snorkeling, the wave runners are $99 for 2 people for 50 minutes (expensive). If all you want to do is relax, swim, and sunbathe, Labadee would definitely fit the bill. The nice thing about Labadee is that it is completely controlled by RCCL. This also is a weakness if you want to do something beyond what RCCL provides....but for simply a beach day, Labadee is fine. For anything more than that, I'd go to Belize.
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:05 PM
ready to go

Just came back from Belize - it's not what I would call a real beach place. We were told that there are no "beaches" on the mainland - you'd have to take a tour to one of the nearby islands for the sandy beaches. We just did a tour of the mainland and you won't find what you're looking for there.
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yep, sounds to me like you'd love Labadee and sign up for the waverunner excursion, its a gas. There is also parasailing, snorkeling, banana boats, etc. Lots of fun in the water or on the beach there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 28th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Hollyhawk

Hi, I've finished researching the options in the port of Belize. We have chosen to water taxi to Caye Caulker for the day to snorkel, eat seafood and beach. There were never any mention of jet skis etc. on any site I went to . I think those activities are frowned upon and possibly not permitted because this area is one of the worlds largest reefs and much of the water is a national park. Went to Labadee way back in '88 on the Sovereign and we had a blast. Just believe it when they tell you to use sun screen right off the boat!!!!! Unless you want to look like the lobster you will be served for diner. .
Old October 28th, 2003, 03:30 PM
First Mate

Labadee is definitely the place to go. There is all to do that was previouslly mentioned, plus while on the Island, RCI serves lunch so you do not have to go back to the ship. You are Tendered back and forth.

OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:48 AM
Yeoman

I've never been to Labadee but I have been to Bellize. Belize is a place that is a little more primitive on their beaches. You have to take water taxis to the cayes to find the beaches. The one that we were on in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye was really nice. The place we ate at was Fido's (Feed-Doz). Very good Belizean food. They were located right on the beach. There was a building right there off the beach that rented water sports equipment of some sort but we didn't do that. We had been snorkeling earlier at the barrier reef. If you want to see a unique culture, Belize would be it. But you will first have to tender to Belize City first I think and then water taxi to a the Cayes. We were on a ship excursion so we were taken by a speedboat directly from the ship to the reef.

Luanne