Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
MAP

Default What's a good tour in Belize for children?

We will be in Belize in February on the Elation. My husband and I would like to do the cave tubing tour, but it's only for guests 8 years and older. Are there any recommendations for other tours? How's the zoo or howler monkey sanctuary? My son is six and likes hiking through forests and loves the beaches.

Thanks for your help,
MaryAnn
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:48 PM
jamieP

Default Re: What's a good tour in Belize for children?

We did the Sun Kissed beach trip to Goff's Key/Caye(sp?) , Belize Cruise Excursions with our 4 year old and it worked out really well for us. We stopped for about 20 minutes to snorkel at one spot, Elvis's . I snorkeled there, pretty, tropical fish, no big stuff though. Then we went to Goff's which was nice, small but pretty island, Robinson Curuso kinda place. The beach was nice and we just played on the beach for a few hours. They had a little hut where you could get local food and drinks including beer. There was also a nice place to snorkel nearby but we just hung out. Bring a few shovels and pails for the kids and they will have a great time just walking around. The only part that I found wasn't completely safe was a little dock that was broken and ofcourse our son wanted to play on and my wife was worried that there might be a stray nail or someting that would hurt him. I think she just worries too much