Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Rania

Default Tabyana Beach or Parrot Tree?

We are cruising on the Carnival Paradise March 7 for the Western Carribean which includes Belize and Isla Roatan. We do not feel comfortable doing our own exursions on Belize and Roatan because we have three young children. We are only interested in beach days....has anyone tried Tabyana Beach or Parrot Tree Plantation on Roatan?
Which one is better? While these are not too expensive, does anyone have any idea if children get a break on the cost of these excursions, and if not, why not?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Tabyana Beach or Parrot Tree?

We were on the NCL Sun and took their excursion to Tabyana Beach. It is a beautiful beach. I wasn't comfortable going off by ourselves either. It is a very poor island. There is a little bit of shopping just to the right of the pier. We picked up a few local crafts.
Old January 30th, 2004, 12:02 PM
RockyRd

Default Re: Re: Tabyana Beach or Parrot Tree?

Tabyana Beach was beutiful. We went the end of October on the NCL Wind. The rained that day but the beach was still beutiful. The food (chicken and rice) was excellent. Even with the rain, which was a very slow warm rain, swimming in the caribian was wonderful.
RockyRd
Old January 30th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ridingarrett

did you guys just walk to the beach, or did you take an excursion, or a tour or what?? This is going to be my first experience cruising, and we're taking the Wind to W.C. on 4.10...

Carrie

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:22 AM
Passenger

You can't walk to Tabyana Beach. We took the NCL excursion there and it was well worth the cost.

Have fun on your first sailing!

Costa Cruises, here we come!
Old February 5th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Contact Fosters Roatan - Jerrilee will pick you up from the ship in his speedboat, show you the island take you to beaches and to their resort or whatever you want to do. Roatan is a beautiful island and you should see as much as possible. I did this on my own in Nov and had the best time. jerrilee knows everything about the island, vegatation, great snorkel sites and he will even take you to Anthonys to see the dolphins. This is a must.
Old February 6th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Rania

This sound excellent!! How do I contact Fosters Roatan. What is it exactly? I have 3 young children and would be nervous about it (long bumpy ride, need life jackets, what if the speed boat breaks down, etc. ) . It sound excellent though, particularly the part about the dolphins, but do we really get to see them up close?

Thanks!!
Old February 6th, 2004, 02:25 PM
CM

My husband and I went to Tabyana Beach on our Celebrity cruise and enjoyed it. Lunch was Ok but the beach was very nice. They had a cash bar there also. We did observe a man coming down the beach on a horse and he was stopped by two men that we were unware of, that were security and made to turn around. Apparantly, parts of the beach are private and you have to be on a tour to be on the beach. They had snorkeling tours from the beach that looked like fun. The only down side of the tour was that boy did it rain and rain and rain and rain. But we were there during the rainy season. But we had a really good time. As far as worth the money. I really have never been on any excursion that I felt was worth the money. But I still prefer ship sponsored tours.