Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Donna K

Default Panama Canal or Hawaii?

Has anyone cruised to the Panama Canal or Hawaii? If so, which ship, what time of year, and what type of cabin would you recommend? What ports did you see? The schedules seem to vary from either alot of time at sea or no time at sea. Any information you can give would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2004, 01:49 PM
jamminlion

Default Re: Panama Canal or Hawaii?

My husband and I cruised in Hawaii last July. We had a balcony cabin on NCL's Star, and loved every minute of it. We left from Honolulu, went to Hilo (Big Island), then Fanning Island (Republic of Kirbati) - once in a lifetime experience there, then to Kahului on Maui (took a bus tour to Lahaina), and then to Nawilliwilli on Kauie.

We enjoyed every minute. It is definitely a great way to see different parts of the islands,and get a little taste of them all.

We are going currently booked on RCI's Legend of the Seas in October through the Panama Canal. I won't have any info until then, but from what I am reading on the boards, it IS the trip to take.

My recommendation - do them both!

Bon Voyage!