Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to FIREKILLER
Default snuba and dolphin swim

Has anybody done the snuba adventure in St. Thomas? and trying to get some info on the dolphin swim from St. Maarten. What I have been researching, the dolphin swim is in Anguilla and the 2 companies are shoretrips.com(kind of expensive), and the other is dolphinfantasea.com, more reasonable.
Hope somebody has info, would like to try to reserve. Thanks Paul

TRIUMPH 07/04
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: snuba and dolphin swim

My daughter and I did snuba in St Thomas thru VISNUBA (www.visnuba.com). It was really great - the instructor was super patient with my daughter (age 10). We did the PM dive (we were there on March 16) and were the only two people in the group. The morning dive had a lot more folks. If (when) we go again, I want to use them at St. Johns - It's a really fun excursion.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: snuba and dolphin swim

Thanks PJ,
Do you know the the a.m & p.m times? I can't remember if it was in the website.
Paul

TRIUMPH 07/04
Old April 24th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to glamour1030

Hi. I also did the snuba at Coki Beach. I believe the a.m. time is 9:30 and the p.m. time is 1:30. Snubing is very fun. If you have an health issues, to forewarn you, you will be unable to participate, such as allergies i believe and heart problems plus many more. I highly recommend it!
Old April 26th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

I believe that our p.m. dive was noon - may have been 1:30. On our dive, my daughter and I were the only two people - the a.m. dive had a full house. We were in St. Thomas on the HAL Zuiderdam, and the ship didn't leave until midnight, so the p.m. dive worked out great for us. Even so, after snuba, we rented some snorkle equipment and snorkeled around Coki beach for a while and still made it back to the dock by 4:00. YOu can see the pictures of our "tour" here: http://www.visnuba.com/031604p/index.htm
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Debbie Nelson

Are you booking snuba through Carnival or on your own? I was trying to arrange snuba on my own, they told me it will now be offered on the ship, but it is still not listed online on their shore excursions - how did you find them? I didn't see any dolphin swim either. We are going on the Triumph June 19th. Thanks, Debbie
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: snuba and dolphin swim

Debbie, the snuba adventure I booked online with www.visnuba.com. I talked with a girl named Tami, very nice. You can book it but they don't charge your credit card. You pay for it that day and you can choose cash or credit card.
For the Dolphin encounter in St. Maarten, the excusrsion takes place in Anguilla, there is a compnay called www.shoretrips.com, his name is Barry, his contact number is on the website and he is stateside(Wisconsin). It's kinda of pricey, but includes the ferry, trip to the beach, lunch, beach/snorkel equipment, and then the Dolphin Encounter.
Hope this helps, Paul

TRIUMPH 07/04