Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:48 PM
scheek

Default all inclusive day at Jamaica

Anyone know of a one day all inclusive resort that we can go to for the day and the cost?
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: all inclusive day at Jamaica

Hi Scheek,
I don't know the cost, but you can check into "Sandals", there are a few in Jamaica, and price depends on the one you are going to....you should be able to get details on their web site. We went to one in St. Lucia, and it was $80 for both of us, we had to use a cab to get there and then back to the port, but it wasn't that far. It was a nice relaxing day, there was a pool there, plus a nice beach, OK food and free drinks for the day, not a bad deal.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM
scheek

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:55 AM
orlspeedo

Two years ago I went and spent the day at Grand Lido San Souci and it was great. All facilities were included, several pools, beaches, and I think the price was 75.00.
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Beginner

Here's a deal for ya...........Sunset Beach Resort........all inclusive $20 includes all food and drink, including alcohol, 3 beaches ( one nude ), swim-up pool, volleyball pool, and and non-motorized watersports. We did this a few weeks ago ( July 7th) and it was a heck of a good deal! I found out about it on other cruise boards and even called Jamaica to double check. Turns out that this is where a lot of the cruise ship employees go if they have time off because it's such a good deal. You can see pics of the beach on their website. You don't need a reservation, just get a taxi to take you to the resort. ( about $5.) Go to the front desk and tell them you're wanting to do the all-inclusive daypass and they'll take care of you. I brought my big ole insulated mug from the ship and had the bartenders load it up, rather than the smaller plastic cups they give out. I got more than my monies worth! As for the food, there's a buffet that's ok, but we preferred the outdoor grill......good cheeseburgers, jerk chicken, etc. One other thing, the beach is private so NO one will walk up and try to braid your hair or sell you stuff.
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Couples in Ocho Rios may do that. Its not far from the cruise port.

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Old August 17th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sunset Beach Resort for two adults and three children ages 10-16? Is the nude beach something I can manage to just pass over or is the place not geared for children. All inclusive idea sounds great. Am I wasting money on children that hardly eat anything or is there a different price for children?
Thanks
Ken
Old August 18th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: all inclusive day at Jamaica

I love the way Sunset Beach sounds. Is there any way to either plan it in advance or check their actual website. Do you know the exact site? I am having trouble finding it. Also, does anyone know the proximity to Dunn's Falls or is it out of the way/
Thanks
ken
Old August 19th, 2004, 03:08 PM
jeb

Default Re: Re: Re: all inclusive day at Jamaica

I do know that Dunns River Falls is very near Ocho Rios but is an hour and a half from Montego Bay.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:51 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to 1028rhonda

When are you sailing and on what ship? Have you downloaded the shore excursions for Jamaica? On our cruise there was a shore excursion that you probably would be interested in. We are sailing September 4 on Navigator of the Seas....