Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: BON GIRLS

Hi Angie, and fellow Bon Gals,
I have that birthday party to do today for a few hours and then all next week to go.. We just have to get through Ivan yet. The projected time frame has been changed to Tuesday sometime, from Monday, which pushes it back farther.Trevor just has to make sure he can get my formal and his shirts out of the Cleaners before we leave. If not, then our formalwear will be "creative".
Since I'll be "out and about" today, I'm going to head for some stores to pick up last minute items. I still have some birthday money from my father to spend. I want Trevor to get some gas in my car today before I go. I have plenty for today, but with this storm coming I don't want to go into the reserve-and it's close to that now.

All of you have a wonderful day dreaming about our cruise. I finally got up around 7:30 this AM because I had too many things on my mind to sleep.

I'll talk to you all later. Hi J Bon and Spook, if you happen to check in! Lynne

Old September 12th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee

Good morning!!! Lynne I hope the birthday party went well!!!! They are fun. Did the birthday person have lots of family to come? That always makes it special. Well Angie is completely packed and ready, I am not. I brought the suitcase up and ironed this morning. I will try and decide which clothes to take and do some packing tonight. I still have some things in the wash this morning, then need to iron them. Do you know if they have lots of hangers in the cabins or should we bring some. You know with 3 women we are going to need lots!!!! Well got to get busy, just wanted to say good morning!!!

J-Bon your girls are really getting excited now !!!!!!

Have a great day.

Old September 12th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
The birthday party went fine. It was a really pretty cake.The "Birthday Boy's" daughter, son and granddaughter were there. It's kind of interesting to see that the son is 77 years old! The 103 year old used to live across the street at our associated apts until his legs got too weak to carry him back and forth. He went into an assisted living apt, but got TOO much attention, and couldn't be as independent as he wanted to be, so moved himself into an independent apt on one of the upper floors.Several of his original apts friends were there along with several from our Tower. It was OK and everyone said it was a great party.
Trevor still needs to bring down the suitcases from over the garage. We both went to Walmart at different times today and bought some things. I even got some D cell batteries that I couldn't get for the last hurricane. I've got some now! I've saved back some things purchased previously, like slacks that I bought at our last uniform sail at work that will need to be washed to soften them up. Between us we have enough clothes that we didn't have to go on a big spending spree.I don't do too much ironing.I'm starting to lay things out on the love seat in the living room until the suitcases come down.
This morning Trevor went out and bought a new chair for our computer desk so this afternoon in the midst of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football game (they lost-boo hoo) we were busy assembling the chair and I was cutting tags off of clothes, taking socks out of bags,etc.
I haven't watched Ivan since this AM before church and then some breakins by the weather guys during halftime, but it appears that Ivan is going farther west than us at this time so should miss this half of the state.There is supposed to be a hurricane preparedness meeting at work at 5:15PM (now almost 4:25), but the Food and Beverage Director who sings in the choir with me at church said that with Ivan's path there probably won't be any plans made for the children/evacuees. We SHOULD have a normal week.
I'm going to see if I can get out of work early-around noon-to get down to Ft. Lauderdale. Trevor doesn't like the idea of having a reservation down there for the night before if he can't take advantage of some relaxation at our favorite places. If we get down there just before dark, then we could just as easily drive down Sat. AM. I thought some of our group who are down there might get together to meet, but I think everyone has their own agenda. For instance. Rich will be taking Fran shopping for last minute items. I know where they are staying, also waterrats(Joe) and James&Rob.
That's it for now. My aim this week is just to get through the week unscathed by either weather or work issues. It's been a long 3 weeks with the Boss gone, and although I have received some acknowledgement of my existance during these crisises, I am still a "grunt". I had to cover our office, make sure the Activities happened,keep things rolling for our big Apple Festival (Craft Fair) and do my own activites for Assisted Living. I'm ready for the cruise because I'm really weary at this point.

Take care. FIVE MORE WORKING DAYS! Hup,Two, Three, Four. We're marching to the rolls of the waves while we're on our Caribbean Princess. Hurray!!!!! Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 13th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lynne. I noticed my last post from yesterday came up with Ashee on it. She must have been logged in on my computer. Brat!! LOl. Anyway I am glad your party went well. I did not get packing done, but I did get ironing done and some more things laid out, so that is good. I figure I will be crazy come Friday, and I am off, so I will pack then. Have a great day at work. Somehow I don't mind this Monday, wonder why? Hopefully our leader J-Bon will get on and wish us Bon-Voyage before we leave. Talk to you later

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 13th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello,
My,my, we will have been on the Ship two days at this time next week! Better than at home, right? or work!
The good news for today is that schools are in session! I won't have to deal with children today. Children are fine, don't get me wrong, but when they're out of their element, are bored and confined, that's a different story! Our day at work will be "normal".
It looks as if Ivan will provide us with some rain but that's about all. That's great news, but will be working on the let-down after the adrenalin has risen for so many days. There is still an "if" in the forecast down here--"IF the track stays the same......"
Yesterday afternoon and evening I laid some clothes and other things out to take.Some might need to be ironed to freshen them up. I have to take in the pair of pants that Trevor bought yesterday to have them shortened. I assured him that one of the residents could do it-we have great seamstresses and sewing machines in the Activities Room. Or, one of our drivers can do it-she's been sewing and crafting all her life.
Better go for now and check in on the Good Morning Board. Happy Monday, Bon Girls!

(and J Bon!) Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 14th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Admiral

IT'S TUESDAY WE ARE ALMOST THERE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 14th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Lynne &Trevor

I will be closer once I have the suitcases down to put things in tonight! I'm trying not to think about a phenomonom name "Jeanne", but "she's" on our side of the Atlantic!
I do think we're going to be getting a couple of days of rain and wind here from Ivan's glancing blow, but, the schools are still in session, so that's good news. Watch out for all the rain coming your way this week!
My residents have been asking me everyday how many days I have left until my cruise/vacation. They will be living vicariously through my adventures all week and are anxious to hear all about it when I get back to work. I had a session with my folks 3 years ago after returning from the Golden Princess to the same spot. It was almost a geography lesson.
I gotta go for now. Bon Girls---we are marching forward to our mission!!!-Get on that darn ship!!!!! Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 15th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Admiral

WE WILL MARCH ON, WE WILL GET ON OUR SHIP, AND WE WILL CRUISE THIS SAT!!!!! SEE YOU THEN. LOVE CAROL

J-Bon we need you to help us make this storm go away

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 15th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Girls!!! Storm or no storm I wished I was boarding with you this weekend, I know you'll make the best of anything thrown your way. I cant wait for you to get back and hear your stories but take your time and have a blast. If it's not to much to ask could you have Trevor take a picture of all the Bon Girls together for Spookryder and I?

Hang-in there Girls just consider the next few days a vacation for the CP crew before Trouble arrives!!!

I'll check back in before you leave.

J Bon

Golden Princess Here WE Come!!!
Old September 15th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi J Bon!
I know you have been following our plans leading up to the Cruise. I can feel your presence lurking in the wind!! I'm sure that Trevor will take a picture of all of us. As I might have written, I'll be wearing the Bolts shirt and hat when we board and for the Sailaway Party so I know you'll get a picture of me in it this time! By the way, did you see where Canada won the World Cup the other night, and three of our Bolts were there to help????
I have started to put clothes in my suitcase and Trevor picked up the Cleaning today-so my formal dress is ready to go, along with his sports coat. He also bought the new lighter weight garment bag without all the extra pockets and stuff. I know that if I run out of anything or need an iron that my fellow Bon Girls will come to my rescue-and-vise versa.
Trevor has been following TS Jeanne all day and is skeptical about even getting out of Ft. Lauderdale because of its impending position on Saturday. Keep checking with your TA and the Airlines. Possibilities may be to move up the departure time or wait until Sunday after it's gone by-only theories at this point Bon Girls, so don't freak just yet. Just keep checking. As far as I'm concerned, if we can board the ship I'll be happy to just sit and enjoy it in port for a day or so-and enjoy the ammenities. Cross your fingers that the group that is out this week can get back. Carol, RayB from the People Board has his daughter out there THIS week on our ship.
I'll close for now. Angie, are you taking your Scrabble Game? We may take our old, flat board and old tiles-easier for traveling.
Take care, Y'all. Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 15th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Good evening everyone. J-Bon was so glad you checked in. I knew you would not let your girls down. I have been watching the storm all day too. I think we need to leave early on Sat and get the hell out of there. . I just want to go now. Hopefully it will change and go elsewhere. This stress is getting to me. I just want to relax my mind and body, ya know. I am glad our flight is suppose to get in early and we can hopefully get to the ship. Our connecting flight is in Charlotte, better than Arlanta. Angie printed the door sign tonight. Well just wanted to say hello since I was on checking the storm out. I usually don't get on at home to much since I am on the computer all day. Talk to you tomorrow and Lynnie, see you Sat. come hell or high water!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 15th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Hey Lynne, I just seen a projested path for the storm and it was showing not hitting Flordia till Sunday. It was updated at 6:41Pm. I think that would be great. We will be long gone!!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

GIRLS you are the BEST!!! Keep your sprits UP, I'm positive you will have a terrific time and have the best stories to TELL!!!

Thank's so much for the SMILES and LAUGHS you have given me over the last few months, I hope you have the time of your lives!!!

BON__BON VOYAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

J Bon

P.S. I hope to check inn tomorrow.........................

Old September 16th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Admiral

Thanks J-Bon you have made time go much faster. Now we can help yours go faster to. I am SOOOOOO excited now. I am here at work with only 10 hours to go till I am on VACATION. I wish you and your family were going with us. J-Bon and his Girls are the BEST on these boards. Tell Spook to try and check in before we go, if not tell him hello for me. Thanks for the well wishes. We will think of you often on this one, you will be right there with us. YOUR BON GIRLS!!!!

TAKE CARE!!! LYNNIE, WE ARE ALMOST THERE

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Well we are sooooo close. I can smell the ocean and feel the breeze blowing! Okay so maybe it's the fan by my computer, but it won't be long. Wish you guys were going too JBon. Until we get back......bon Voyage!!!!!!!!!

Angie
Old September 16th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello, it's almost morning! If I stay on the computer another half hour I can be the first to post the good morning thread for a change!
I didn't get home from work until 6:35PM. I had an activity that kept me upstairs until almost 5-started at 3 but had to clean up the room, change activities signs on 2 and 3 for tomorrow, hug and talk to my residents, etc. Then I had to wash out the punch bowl, put cookies away, etc etc etc when I got downstairs. It was the 90's Club. After that ,I cleaned up the Activities Room and it dawned on me that Maintenance hadn't set up the chairs for the movie tonight, so that had to be done. The last thing I did was clean off my desk -tidied it up so it looks decent while I'm gone and it will be neat for the Boss-we share an office.
Tonight i've been packing, and Trevor confirmed our itinerary on the Princess Website-we will be going West-Cozumel, Ochos Rios, then Nassau. We saw it on our Roll Call Board first and then he went in to verify it. However, Jeanne's track is being monitored so Princess can change back to the original plan at anytime-before we leave. They're worse than the Hurricane Forecasters sometimes but I guess they have to cover all bases. At least we're going somewhere!
I've been packing for both of us tonight. Trevor is a shorts, t-shirt, sandals, baseball cap sort of guy so didn't think he had to take much more than that, plus a suit to wear for formal night. He's not going to be overly formal but will have a coat and tie.I'll probably be overdressed next to him, but he likes to see me dressed up, especially wearing the dress, wrap and jewelry he purchased for me for these trips. He's in bed already.

Tomorrow is a TGIF Coffee Time-believe me, it won't be over an hour as usual-probably a half hour as I still have loose strings to tie before I leave.When I hit the door, that will be it! Just suddenly whisper in my ear that I need to be gone by noon.

We'll be in Ft. Lauderdale between 3-4 if we leave here at 1PM.At least we'll have a few hours of daylight to do our thing. I'll try to post in the AM. If not-have a great flight down. You'll know me by my Bolts Hat, and Trevor will have either a red, blue or black baseball cap that has a big USA on it! We both wear glasses as you've seen in our pictures. Goodnight! Lynnie-ROSE
J Bon- you are wonderful! Thanks for all your support!

Old September 17th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

HAVE FUN GIRLS & Trevor!!! Wait a minute I wished I was Trevor insted of J Bon...............

Post Edited (09-17-04 00:15)

Old September 17th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!!!! WE are really almost there. Better get packing instead of looking at these boards. Trying to figure out what we want to do in our new ports. J-Bon you will be with us in spirit, but I wish you were there. Kepp a eye on us, I just heard this morning there is another one out there. KARL. He needs to go the hell away and let us have a good time. I am sure Batman and Robin could take care of that for the Bon Girls. Well I will check in a little later. Must get busy. See you tomorrow Lynne
Love CArol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 17th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi-
Karl is supposed to go out to sea and not bother anybody. I know you Caped Crusaders, J Bon and Spook, will hiding somewhere on our ship!!!
Bye for now, Lushes, Trouble and L'il Sis. We'll see you soon! Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 17th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ashee

Well Well Well it looks like we have arrived at our destination time. I am sooooo pumped. Bon that was very sweet what you said about the laughs and smiles. That pic will sure to get to you some how. I am soo excited to meet everyone. I am sooo excited I can't see staright. Well Gotta my cruise ship is calling my name. See you all when we get there. Bon well talk to you when we get back. Take care and try not to work to hard.

Love TROUBLE