Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Default All-You-Can-Drink

The girls and I are going on NCL Sea on Dec 18. We stop in Cozumel. I read some posts about beach clubs offering all inclusive deals. We are young (very poor) college students. We got a great deal on the cruise but can't afford to spend a ton of money on bar bills and, frankly, we LOVE to party. Does anyone have info on the cost of these deals (if they exist)? Also, some posters mention "cheap drinks." Can anyone be more specific? Any other similar info on Roatan, Cancun or Belize would be helpful. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2004, 02:21 PM
reverendjeff

Default Re: All-You-Can-Drink

In Cancun, one excursion from the SEA is to Isla Mujeres. It includes all you can drink. I think it is around 36 per person. It is worth the 36, even if you don not drink at all. One of the best beaches I have seen. The drinks were strong as well. One thought however, you are in college, you can drink any weekend you want. Don't miss out on the joys of the cruise by being drunk the whole time.
Old December 8th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Passenger

Playa Sol Cozumel is also a great place. It has all you can drink and all you can eat packages. I found it by searching on yahoo.
Old December 9th, 2004, 11:16 AM
EM

Default Re: Re: All-You-Can-Drink

Just walk up and down the main strip in Cozumel. There are usually people from the bars handing out ads or coupons. I was there a few springs ago and found one little corner bar that had two beers and two tequila shots for 4 bucks. The beer and tequila were both quite strong and I was feeling good for quite a while!
Old December 9th, 2004, 06:53 PM
fyrefli

Don't miss Carlos and Charlies!!! You have to do shots of tequila at this restuarant when you're in Cozumel!!! I've been to playa sol everytime I've been to cozumel, and I always have a great time...it's a $15 taxi ride, and $26 to get in, which includes all you can drink (rum punch, margaritas, beer) chairs on the beach, floats for the water, games to win tequila, a dj. I've never been on royal caribbean before, but on carnival they had a party boat to playa sol which included all you can drink tequila and rum punch and admission to playa sol for $46....any questions, send me an email.
~Tasha
Old December 14th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

although carlos and charlie's is fun and a place you shuoldn't miss...it is on the more "expensive" side...

Old December 18th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Nanette

Playa Sol (who recently changed names) will be a mad-house, which might be big fun for you guys!

Personally, I'm crazy about the open-bar package at Nachi Cocum. A much more mellow place....but I'm an old broad of 44!

Have fun, kiddo. All-inclusive is the way to go.... you and your buddies should consider a CHEAP All-Inclusive land trip to Cancun or Jamaica!
Old December 20th, 2004, 12:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: All-You-Can-Drink

Hi is the snorkeling good at this Nachi Cocum beach? Also do they have food>?
Old December 20th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Familiar Face

We had an awesome time at Playa Sol. Besides the unlimited drinks it also includes free use of the kayaks, paddle boats, lounges, umbrellas, music, a huge floating "iceberg" out in the water that you "rock climb" up and slide off; trampolines in the water; a hobbycat sailboat; and even some snorkeling fun of underwater ruins. Have fun, whatever you do.