Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: Radiance Bon Gal

Hi Ya!
Just got home.Trevor's napping on the couch. I saw that he was out today, as the top is down on the convertible.
I learned today that others in the same teller position went through some of the same sort of stuff he did. One of the new finance office women had 6 years of teller experience and started to work as the loan officer. She was handed all kinds of stuff unrelated to her position. She was even sent to a different bank for a week. At the end she proved to be very proficient and was fired the DAY before her probation ended. She had just been told a day or two before what an excellent job she was doing.The word "jealousy" was mentioned twice today in reference to the firing. The others were jealous of the good progress made and doing better than they were.Someone else told me that happens a lot, especially in the fast food business.Once the investment is going to be made, the person is fired. That way, no benefits. What a world!!

Nothing too much else is happening so I'll let you go. Hi Bridget. Love, Lynnie-ROSE
I wish I could take a cruise next week!!!!

Old March 9th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Admiral

Just wanted to say hi, state is here for our annual survey so lots to do. They always keep you on the edge of your seat, I don't know why. Have a good day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello!
It's always "fun" for the state to visit, isn't it!! They shouldn't bother us, but we have to be careful not to say anything unintentional that might be a reason to investigate something that isn't there-just a off handed remark. I know they want copies of a lot of things! So far, Activities hasn't been bothered on my side of the building in several years, but I'm hearing that in the future there will be more in depth documentation required in Assisted Living like in the Nursing Home.Sor far, all I have to document is participation.
Trevor has found something to keep him busy! He's now putting down new tile in the kitchen and foyer. Really substandard lineoleum was laid when the house was built, and it was done in a hurry and not very well.The edges have curled or split from the baseboard since the beginning. Inspection was done by the builder and floor guy, promises were made but nothing came of them. The linoleum is white with indentations and gets dirty easily.Trevor was all set to wash and wax it and then decided to put down the tile. It's a wood design, a little busier than I would have liked-my first choice of parquet wasn't in stock. It will look nice-basic color is oak that goes with our cabinets. Our kitchen is "countryish" so this should fit in, OK. Meanwhile, all the moveable kitchen stuff is in the living room!!

Also, earlier today Trevor applied for unemployment. He's not sure he can get it under 90 days of employment and there were many very specific questions asked-seemed more comprehensive than when I applied for it in Ohio in 1988 and 1995. But, if approved, the Unemployment Services will find him a job. I remember having to search for at least one a week and reporting it at my weekly meeting. He signified "Bank Teller", as only one job could be listed.

Today it has been raining.The temp on the computer is 48 degrees!!! More rain expected tonight but should clear out tomorrow. Then another little front will come through on Friday. I wouldn't want to be on a ship during weather like this!! Rain is one thing, but damp, dreary and chilly is another.

I'll go for now. Take a deep breath. Things will be fine at work!! Lynnie-ROSE

Old March 10th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Today is my turn with the state. LET THE STRESS BEGIN

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Luck!!!!! Lynnie-Rose

Old March 11th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

I did just fine of course. If fact I got KUDOS!!!! Bad news is Administrator made me work today. I have to stay until state leaves this afternoon.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 11th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
It's 6:05PM so the exit interview should be over and you should be home!! I just got home a few minutes ago
Trevor laid more tile today. It's beginning to look pretty nice the more he puts down. The pattern is Englewood-he says in "honor" of my mother. This way he has her on the floor and can walk all over her. (JOKE!!).After that, we brought in the bookcase from the garage that had been right by the front entrance. It still had everything on the shelves. When he placed it for the last time, something fell-it was my mother's picture, and the glass got cracked down the middle. I told him that it was a message from my mother saying, "Sonny, I heard that remark, and this cracked picture is my way of letting you know!" . It was just too perfect!!!

Yesterday, Trevor surprised me and went to apply at another bank. Right after leaving there, he discovered that he didn't have his sunglasses.He was only about a block away and when he went back, they weren't there, and no one in the bank had seen them. Only about 5 minutes had elapsed. Kind of made him wonder if he really wants to work at that bank!!

I emailed our former neighbors about whether they were still thinking of going on the Oct. 8 cruise with us. No answer about that, just some crazy forwards from Beatriz. We'd like to know if they're going, because if not, we can contemplate changing our vacation week.

Most of the "flu-like symptoms" have gone from the facility. There are still one or two cases on the upper independent floors but nothing like the initial outbreak on the nursing home side and then in assisted living. So, I guess we're back to as normal as we can be.

That's it for now. Congrats on the KUDOS! Bridget--hello, if you're looking in.
Lynnie-ROSE (PS. Our computer server was down this AM so couldn't check in on the morning thread.)

Old March 13th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Sunday Morning,
The sun is shining brightly here and the temp is due to get up into the upper 70's. I noticed on the weather that it was 19 up in Ohio. Brrrrr.
The tile is down in our foyer now and Trevor is into the kitchen. Last night he pulled out the stove. Yuck! What a mess from spills, etc. And, we noticed that the linoleum hadn't even been put back to the wall all the way when laid. Those original workers did a quick and shoddy job of laying it. So, Trevor cleaned up the stove and put down some new tiles. The next big challenge will be the refrigerator. I'm not sure about the dishwasher.

The tile laying project has spilled over into other rooms. Last night he got a lamp from the bedroom and noticed all the dust behind the bed on the carpeting. "This is what you've been breathing at night", he said. So, before bed, we vacuumed it up and I cleaned off the molding. It's incredible how this stuff mounts up when not cleaned regularly. Now, he has his side of the bed and behind his dresser, and.........

Yesterday the March 12 roll call group with whom I've been intermittantly corresponding left on the Caribbean Princess. I stuck with them because TommyCruiser will be in Trevor's and my cabin--B-408. Remember he posted way back in the Fall after we returned from our cruise asking about cabins-then he invited us on this week's cruise??? I left word for him to take good care of it. Last Fall I described our cabin to him.

Well, better get off. It's 8:31AM on a Sunday! I got up before 7 thinking it was Monday! I could have slept some more.But, my body is so conditioned to rise when the sun does that I can't stay in bed too much after it becomes light.
Bye for now. Love to All. Lynnie-ROSE

Old March 14th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Hello. Just wanted to say hi. State exited on Friday, glad to have them out of the way.
How is the tile looking. Tell him I could use some tile in my bathroom. I like the Mom thing, that was funny. Has he heard anything on the bank job? Not much going on with me, just working. Talk to you later

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello,
The tile is looking good. He is now past the stove and out a few "squares". We'll have to find some sort of colored pencil for where there is white showing way up at the base of the counters where it didn't get close enough or in some tiny spots where there is a small spot missing because of a wrong calculation on cutting. However, overall, he's doing a very decent job! The next big hurdle will be the refrigerator, which he may leave to last. We don't think that the dishwasher is even sitting on tile!
Nothing on the bank job.Today he received notification of his final wage amount for his last week at the other bank. Yesterday, he received a letter from the Unemployment Office stating eligibility requirements. He would have to work within two calendar quarters and make $3400. Well, he was terminated just short of 2 quarters and is about $276 dollars short of the $3400. If he'd worked another couple of days or gotten all his mileage reimbursed or motel reimbursed when he went to Tampa, he probably would have made it. The bank muckity mucks knew exactly what they were doing when they terminated him when they did. No unemployment has to be paid. It adds insult to injury.
We just came back from Red Lobster for supper. Yummy. Our former next door neighbors emailed that they wouldn't go on anything shorter than a 10 day, preferably a 14 day cruise-they had originally expressed an interest in going with us on our 7 day in Oct-but I guess that's too short a time. Now Trevor wants to look into a 10 day Southern Caribbean Cruise. He thinks he can get one out of Ft. Lauderdale. It's very hard for me to take anything longer than a 7 day (5 working days). Since I have no back-up except for residents or limited volunteers, it's a real stretch to get coverage for more than a week.He thinks our friends can just get a B2B on our cruise and stay on for another week!!
That's about it for now. The TV Show, "24" will be on in a few minutes. We got hooked on it during its current season premiere which was a 2 hour movie. Trevor now thinks it's dumb, but it's like a continuing soap opera. .

Bye for now. Hi Everyone!!! Lynnie-ROSE (Yeah, the State is gone!)

Old March 16th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Goodnight,
It's 11:35 and Jay Leno is just coming on.Trevor has been on here all evening. I was at choir practice and then wiped and cleaned the dishes that were taken out of the hutch when he moved it. The tile is about 3/4 completed. The spill seemed to dry up and he has proceeded.The final hurdle is moving the refrigerator tomorrow.
Rain has moved in tonight and through most of the day tomorrow. Sunny skies for the weekend. Trevor checked on a balcony for us on the ship but the price is kind of steep-through Travelocity. He may call Princess and compare. If no good, we'll just accept what we have. It hasn't hurt us before being inside and this is the highest level inside-a step up anyway!!
Talk to you soon. Lynnie-ROSE

Old March 17th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Admiral

TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA. Well, I put a deposit on a condo in Hawaii. The trip is starting to come together. The official dates are Jan. 21 -Feb 4, 2006. Seems so far away, but it will be worth it. Still have lots of planning to do, but that is the fun part. Well must go for now. Have a great St. Patty's Day.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
The only thing missing today was the green beer! Green tea is the substitute, I guess!
Trevor is into the pantry for the flooring so now the only thing left is in front of the refrigerator. He has REALLY left that until last!
It has been a rainy, gloppy day here. This morning was the donut run, so I had to be out in it early. The bag man wasn't thinking, or was I, and put everything in paper as usual, instead of plastic. I'm glad I didn't have far to go to the car! It will continue through tonight and clear out tomorrow. We'll have a nice weekend before another front moves through.
The thought of a Hawaiian condo sounds wonderful right now! I can smell those tropical aromas, and feel the breeze!! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun planning.

Bye for now. Oh, I wore green today, but also wore my ORANGE plastic rain jacket-only thing I could find handy in the garage. I made sure I took it off early. But, I did go into the Dining Room before I left just to give the Residents something to talk about!!

Goodnight! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old March 18th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
The kitchen floor is finished. Hurray! It looks pretty good. Trevor thinks he'd charge $500 to do a floor for somebody who has a kitchen our size. They'd buy the tiles for $150, then he'd put them down and the total price would be $650.What a deal!! I'll send you a picture when we get the kitchen put back together. He still needs to take one of my new car! Next challenge-the ceiling fans!
He eyed a Southern Caribbean Medley cruise on the Sun Princess that was featured in the brochure that came today. It leaves from Ft. Lauderdale.The Sun is the first ship we cruised on in 1998--only 77,000 tons, which I thought was large back then! It leaves Sept. 29. I hope he doesn't get overly serious about it because I'm between two different roll calls already on the CB (CaribeP) and Star. I'd like to establish a relationship with at least these two groups and not have to get my adrenalin running about a third.
The sun is back out!!!! We should be getting 4 dry days now with temps in the 70's.Finally-this is the Florida I love!! Goodnight!! Lynne PS. I plan on picking up my new glasses tomorrow. Then, maybe I'll be able to see without squinting!!

Old March 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Carol,
Look for some email on your computer at work. Pictures!!! Bridget, I'll get your email address and send you some too! Or, you can email me at the address shown. It'll work either way.
Not much going on. Our cantata is tonight at church so that will be one obligation gone for awhile. I look forward to the Summer because most of the extra-curricular activities at night will be over until September, except for choir.But then, we get a couple of weeks of break while the Director is on vacation. But, I'm still lined up for a solo the last Sunday in June with the guest accompaniest. Happens every year!

Bye for now.Trevor and I have been sorting the "miscellaneous" junk that has collected throughout the house and put in bowls, baskets, tops of dressers, etc. What a job!!

So long-I'd rather be cruising!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old March 21st, 2005, 05:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning, and thanks for the pictures. Your car looks very nice. It reminds me of Ashley's only a different color.
Well, you are almost under that 200 mark. Have you decided to stay with the CP or try a different one. I loved the Eastern and want to do that again. I have booked our condo's for Hawaii. We are going Jan 21 - Feb 3. Two weeks. It will be wonderful. We will stay 6 days in Honolulu and one of those days we will take a day trip to the Big Island and then 7 days on Kauai. Lots of planning to do, but that is half the fun. As of today we have 306 days to go.
Must get busy. Talk to you later
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:19 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Tonight Trevor rebooked our cruise to the Star Princess for Oct. 23, to the Western Caribbean. He wanted to go on a new ship and now we have a guaranteed balcony, so he is happy. It's a compromise. We have been on a new ship everytime we've cruised, and I'm willing to go back to the Western Caribbean-it's the one thing I decided I would do if he really wanted to have the new ship. It became more important to him after he stopped working.
There are no people we know on the ship except through the threads. One of the gals going is well known on the other site, and kept tabs on us during the Hurricanes. She sent out a lot of information about location, updates, etc, through all of them. She even took our address so she could check on us afterwards.We post on the other site on different threads almost every night. She's from Cape Coral, FL. just north of Ft. Meyers.

Anyway, now it's been decided and I'm glad! It's going to be sad saying goodbye to the Oct. 8 Roll call folks. One of the gals lives in Columbus. Gives me a taste of home! I'll probably keep posting there indefinitely. I may just drop out of the Sept. 29 one, as it just got started.

That's it for tonight. We have to send a fax to Princess telling them to transfer our down payment over to Travelocity. We weren't allowed to do it by phone. I'll take the info to work tomorrow and let the receptionist do it. She knows how to use the machine!!

Bye. Lynnie-ROSE

Old March 24th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Admiral

WOW another new ship. That sounds like fun. I want to go on the Western again but I want to go to the Eastern again first. It don't feel right doing a land trip this time instead of a cruise. I just thought doing Hawaii by land we could enjoy it more and we are staying 2 weeks for the price of two cabins on the cruise ship. I will have to check out your post. Hope you have a GREAT day. Balcony yes!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 24th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Lynne &Trevor

It should be fun. Sue d. Miller is the one on a lot of the threads. She's the one who's going and was really the "mother hen" through all the hurricanes. She'll be with a group of 11, including several from her family, so I don't know how much we'll get to mingle. Another guy is putting the "entire" group together-I believe it's a larger group outside the roll call and they'll all be seated near each other in the Dining Room. The neat thing is that we'll all be eating early so will get to see each other if we're in the same DR.
As I said, it's important to Trevor to have a new ship and a balcony. I can enjoy myself wherever I go. I might even get to see my little waiter in Senor Frog's again who kind of looks like a close relative to Barry Manilow. I saw him last year just in passing-but danced with him about 2 or 3 years ago when we were there.

Whoops! It's time for work. Bye for now. Lynnie-ROSE
Now I'll have to change my clock again! Blah! 29 Saturdays to go after this weekend.

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I'm proud of myself! I got my clock changed on the first try! It's really depressing, though, to go from 196 days back up to 211 !
My boss put me in for Employee of the Month yesterday, but she was overruled. I told her that there must be something about me that the other Dept. Heads don't like, and after 6 years have come to the conclusion that I'm never going to get selected. She said that wasn't it. It's because there are several depts that have more employees in it and there are more staff to nominate. Trevor says that I've had at least 60 chances over the last 5 years, so 72 +3.........She says she'll keep trying, especially when there aren't so many other Dept. Heads present!
Carol (Boss) just started in Oct. and the Depts accepted my colleague in Activities in the Health Care Center on her first nomination try in November. So, I guess our dept doesn't get another try for a year! I'm convinced that most of them don't have any idea of what I do behind the scenes. All they see is me at the big coffee table in the Activities Room either sitting with residents, pouring coffee, etc.-which is in my SPARE time. I'm still "working" the room. Well, at least Carol says she appreciates what I do and I keep her straight. That's a big improvement over my former boss who never did say that he appreciated what I did-saved his backside a few times-except for the occasional thank you for staying overtime on special occasions. At least Carol told me she'd submitted my name.The other boss never said that he'd done it.

Oh well, on with my cruise!! There's this fellow who just signed himself and his wife up for the cruise we'll be going on . They're from England. However, they have the ship leaving from Miami !!!!! They have to make air reservations. I told him to check the port. I'm sure we leave out of Ft. Luaderdale like all other Princess ships.

I will go for now. Trevor washed and waxed my new car today, and then turned around and beat me at Scrabble. Now that's not fair!!! Take care. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old March 28th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning, hope you had a nice Easter. I did not do to much of nothing. Ashley worked, she loves that double time ya know.

I wouldn't think to much of that employee of the month thing. I remember when they did that here at it really was so unfare. It was simply who they wanted to give it to at the time, not the Big Picture of things. I agree it more important that your supervisor thinks your doing a great job.

I think I need Trevor to wax my car, that would be nice. Of course we need to get better weather for that. It is rainning here LOTS of rain.

Won't be long and your clock will be back under 200 days. As for me I am 299 days today. Don't know if I can get a clock running since I am not cruising. I might have to work on that.

Must get busy, take care and have a great Monday

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Admiral

[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=01&year=2006&day=21

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Tried a test. I guess I will have to work on it

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi,
I guess I have to finally agree that the Employee of the Month isn't that important-although-you do get a close parking spot for the month and extra money in the paycheck!!! The guy getting it tomorrow was in orientation with me 6 years ago-he's a nice fellow and deserves it. In his former life he put assembled pianos in a factory for 30 years!
It's real windy down here today, but the sun did come out this afternoon, so it's like a early fall up north. "Refreshing". Me, I have my sweater on!!

Let's see, I have someone wanting Trevor to tile her floor , you wanting him to wax your car. Do I see some sort of ongoing job possibilities for him here? He could become an entrepeneur, and start his own business of doing the things people hate to do!!

Take it easy. I'll look forward to a countdown clock from you of some sort.
Love, Lynnie-ROSE
By the way, Trevor says of all the people we came in contact with on our cruise last year, he likes "the girls" best--you, Angie and Ashley!! Ahhhhhhh.

Old March 30th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Can you believe it we are going to get to 70 today here in Ohio. I will think I am in Flordia. Not much going on with me. Tell Trevor thanks for the vote, I liked you guys the best too. Hope you get to come this way soon. Dinner at our favorite restraunt sounds good. Have ever ate at Grub Steak in Dayton? I like it there too. Hope you have a great day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 30th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi There,
Yes, I've eaten at the Grub Steak several times. It was a favorite lunch spot.
Last night we attended the "Farewell" dinner for our pastor who is retiring effective June 30. Actually the new pastor is officially appointed at the annual conference in June but knows ahead of time and preaches the first sermon on the first Sunday in July. We weren't going to go last night because the function was tied in with Habitat for Humanity as a fundraiser. Tickets were $20 each. Well, last week the Associate Pastor gave me a couple of complimentary tickets when I told him we weren't going (didn't say why we weren't), so I felt obligated. It was a good get-together with a well-prepared served dinner. There were prepared speeches, and spontaneous ones. I came under the second category. I usually end up doing that at funerals at church or work if I know the person.
Last night there was a talent/variety show at work that I missed, but it was Carol's show anyway. I would have gone to Bunco, anyway, and not stayed. It would have been overtime.
It's going to be a very "usual day" at work. Our neighbors across the street have sold their house and are leaving to go back to New Hampshire tomorrow. I will surely miss them. Pat's giving us their card table so we can play Scrabble in the living room! We wave at each other every morning as I leave for work.
Better go. It's after 8AM. Boy, I was just turning over at 4:10 or 5:10AM. Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE (I'll be glad to be under 200 days for my cruise!)

Old March 31st, 2005, 05:24 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I was kind of sad on the way to work today. Our neighbors across the street waved good-bye to me as I was leaving for the last time. They sold their house and they were leaving today. Both of them did come out of the house and said good-bye to me personally. They left us their card table so we can think of them every time we play Scrabble in the Living Room. They used it for their zigsaw puzzles. For awhile can just think that they've gone back up north for the summer. But pretty soon, there will be some renters in their house, so reality will set in.
They were among the first people we contacted after our return to Ft. Lauderdale after our cruise. They were still in New Hampshire and wondering about their house after Hurricane Jeanne. I returned their voice mail while we were still down there. If I'd waited until we got here, then we'd have no phone service.
That's it for now.The big news down here is that Terri Schiavo died today.Thank goodness! She's at peace and maybe the media circus will stop!
Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Didn't want to start cleaning so I thought I would say a quick hello. It is rainning and snowing here today. This Ohio weather can't make up it's mind. Everyone is starting to get sick again with the one day cold the next day warm. I think it was Wed it was 70 and today snowing. Maybe I should come up and rent your neibors house!!!!! Not doing to much this weekend. Yesterday I went to some garage sales, I love them, today cleaning and going to go down to Sams Club and tomorrow a auction I think. Love them too. Sometimes I don't buy anything, I just love to go. Crazy hobbies.

I have to say I getting cruise fever. When you go at the beginning of the year, you get a little fever buy now. I think my favorite time to go is fall even though you have to duck the hurricanes. The thought that I will not be on one for a very long time makes me want to cry!!! Though I know when I get to Hawaii next year, it will be worth it. Who knows when I will be able to go on another cruise, I have to pay Hawaii off first. I know when I do I wasnt to go back to the VI. Someday I want to do Western again too.

Well I am going to go for now. Hello to Trevor. You are almost to 199. I will be waiting to celebrate with you.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

TEST

Post Edited (04-02-05 06:47)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Radiance Bon Gal