Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:09 AM
D, B, & A

Default Mr Sancho's vs Chankanaab

Anyone been to both? Which did you prefer?
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:54 AM
tkarfs

Default Re: Mr Sancho's vs Chankanaab

It depends on what your looking for.

If you want a relaxing day hanging out at a beautiful beach and having a few drinks and some good shopping, then I'd go to Mr. Sanchos. I was at Mr. Sanchos this past Valentine's day, food was good, drinks were reasonable, beach was very nice, and the shopping at the front was very good bargain hunting, the best I experienced in Cozumel.

BUT, if you want to snorkle and check out some of the other natural wonders of Cozumel, then go to Chankanaab. Mr. Sanchos is not good at all for snorkeling.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:57 AM
Admiral

it all depends upon what you are looking for. Both are really nice beaches. Mr. Sancho's has more water toys, more like a beach party.
Chankannaub has better snorkeling, there is an aquarium, botanical gardens, replica of the ruins, sea lions, souvenior shop. good food
Old March 2nd, 2005, 03:18 PM
DENISE H

we enjoyed chankanaab when we did the dolhine encounter ther is also aother thing
you can do in the park the gardens the beatch and the ruins and it was not far from the pier
Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
Nece

Thanks, I think the beach toys sold me.
Old March 15th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Beginner

We visited both in Sept. 2004. We started the morning in Chankannab and it is a beautiful park, however in my opinion the snorkeling was boring. Very few fish not colorful at all. We then took a short taxi ride to Mr. Sanchos. It has lockers, showers, restrooms , a swing bar and a pool. We selected a table at the waters edge, it was perfect. The waiters are very attentive. the food was reasonable and very good. They also had water sports, jet skiing, banana boats, para sailing, ATV , horseback riding and more. We went parasailing and it was the cheapest then all the other islands $50 per person. I believe you went up 600 feet . We are going back in May with the kids and are heading right back to Mr. Sanchos. Check them out on the web, www.mrsanchos.com. I sent them an e-mail asking them about the ages for ATV tours for kids and they replied within the same day, with rates. I can't wait to go back!!
Old March 16th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Mr Sancho's vs Chankanaab

I couldn't agree more - boring snorkeling, very little fish, nothing colorful at Chakanaab. pretty pictures at the lagoon, however. that's about all I can say for it.
we were there in sept. 2003
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:45 PM
cali-croozer

We had great snorkeling in Chankanaab........looks like September might not be a good month? Anyway, we went in June and saw tons of fish.
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Passenger

Mr. Sancho's sounds like a great place. Do they charge a flat rate for the non-motorized toys?
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:15 PM
Passenger

Nachi-Cocom is just past Mr. Sanchos. It's quieter and less crowded and has more trees for shade (and hammocks). It's close enough to walk to Mr. Sanchos. We found that the latter had more of a party atmosphere. Neither are good snorkeling.
Old March 30th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Merry Vermeer

Default Re: Re: Mr Sancho's vs Chankanaab

We are leaving tomorrow on a cruise & will be going to Cozumel.

Just wondering if you could enlighten me on Nachi Cocom since I have not heard of this before.

Do they charge an admittance fee?

Do they charge you for the hammocks?

Are they constantly bothering you to buy drinks/food?

Do they have water toys to rent? Or, is it just a beach?

THANKS for your reply. This board is just WONDERFUL!!!

Merry