Old March 26th, 2005, 02:16 PM
danggirl

Default Southern Carribean/best excursions?

We're going to the Southern Carribean May 1st on Rhapsody of the Seas-ports Ochos Rios,Grand Cayman,and Cozumel.Please advise which activities/excursions are the absolute best.
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Southern Carribean/best excursions?

so much depends upon what you like to do, but here are a few suggestions
Ocho Rios - Dunns River Falls (great fun), its best to book a tour we love Peat Taylor.
Grand Caymen - swim with the Sting Rays - amazing - book on your own - lots of great tour companies to choose from, we like Captain Marvin. If you just want to snorkel there are a couple of great spots within a short walking distance of the pier - Eden's Rock and Devil's Grotto. If you want to just relax on the beach - grab a cab to 7-mile beach.
Cozumel - we love to snorkel so we booked a ships tour out to the Palencaar Reef - amazing snorkeling. If you want to swim with the Dolphins- you need to make your reservations right away, the dolphin swim takes place at Channunkaab National Park - this is also a great place to spend the day, swim, snorkel, aquarium, gardens, replica of the Mayan Ruins. If you want to explore the Mayan Ruins - book a ships tour- as it takes some doing to get to the ruins. There are also plenty of beautiful beaches to spend the day.
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:06 PM
cruzzz1000

Default Re: Re: Southern Carribean/best excursions?

I agree with going to Sting-Ray City in Grand Cayman. That is a fantastic excursion. You get to feed the Sting Rays with Squid that they give you.

I disagree with Dunns River Falls. My brother-in-law broke his leg doing that. I went years later (1998) and our Guide was a young squirt who took us along the most dangerous track he knew. The gaps between rocks was wide. We were all supposed to hold hands like a chain-link fense. I did up until it was a choice of either ME falling into the water (remember, rocks below) or letting go of the gal behind me. My wife was infront of me holding onto me. I choose to hold onto my wife and let go of the group behind me. I was not too happy with this entire event. I was young, healthy, in good physical condition, and I was scared of what MIGHT happen. I will never do that again nor will I endorse it as FUN. STAY AWAY. Just watch others if you wish from the ground.

Swimming with the Dolphins is a MUST. We did that in Cancun. You want to check and see if they have a "FOOT PUSH" with the dolphins. If they don't have that, you will miss the greatest experience of your life. Why pay over $150 and not have the Foot-Push.

If you swim with the Dolphins and they have the Foot Push then you want to buy at least one picture of you and your dolphine. ($9.00)

Enjoy!