Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Beginner

Default Belize Exclusive Tours

On the NCL Sea April 16-23, 2005 our ports were Cozumel, Roatan, Belize and Cancun. Belize was our favorite stop mainly because our tour guide was so good. We went to Altun Ha and the Baboon Sanctuary tour with Margaret Montero/Tillet ( www.belizeexclusive.com ). She charged $55 per person and that included all entrance fees. Margaret was an excellent tour guide and very informative. She also went out of her way to find Cashew wine for $4.50. She was our guide at the Mayan ruins and told us all about the Maya people and how they used the various plants for medicinal purposes. The howler monkeys at the Baboon Sanctuary were amazing. All along the way Margaret talked about the culture, customs and local plants. It was interesting to hear about the cashew trees, strangling fig and sleeping policemen (ask her about this).

After the tour we had close to two hours before the last tender so we hit the flea market just outside the port gate and the shops inside. They were selling the usual souvenirs and lots of wood bowls and dishes.

Do this tour, you won't be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:35 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Belize Exclusive Tours

Do you remember what this same type tour sold for on the cruise ship? My daughter and I are going on this same cruise out of Houston this Sat (5/20) and Belize is the only stop, where I have no idea of what we should do. How did you find the tour operator that you used and did you reserve over the internet before leaving home?

Please send me a personal email if you have time. to explain your method of reservation, payment and how you met up w/this tour operator if paying in advance. I don't have much time to plan as time is running out!

Thanks so much!