Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: ROSE BON

Good morning. When you make the final payment it starts getting real. I love that you are going to take your Sea Bees shirt with you. Atleast part of me will be on a cruise. Won't be long till we can start planning ours together. Have you said anything to any of the rest of them? Well I must get busy. Have a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 4th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
It DOES get real with the final payment. My roll call friends tell me to stop counting the days-that seems too long. There are only 10 more Saturdays, not counting the day before we leave-as some will be down in Ft. Lauderdale by then.
I have to start thinking of what I'm going to take. I usually pack the last couple of days-don't have enough room to start laying things out beforehand. It's worked out OK so far. We don't know if we'll go down ahead of time or wait until the day of-no nice little place to stay like before, and m-i-l and s/b-in-law will have just returned from their cruise a few days before ours--which is another whole chapter I could write in a book!!

I know I need to stock up on freezer bags for essentials, and make sure I have plenty of sunscreen. I'm still itching from this patch I have on my sunburned arm from a month ago. I did buy a big broadwidth sunhat that ties under my chin for the ride down, if necessary, and for sitting out. Jake is getting serious about planning activities now that his school days are coming to an end. He IS a young party animal. I'm not sure we'll be able to keep up with his hours. Kind of reminds me of Joe--waterrats. I'll send you a picture of him.

Bye for now. I just got home from work==had to go for donuts this AM and didn't get on the computer. Love, Lynnie-ROSE.. Hi to Ashley and Angie!!!!!

Old August 4th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Hello. Look at your clock you are in the 70's !!!!!!! Exciting. I was looking at pictures on Alaska wow it looks beautiful. Have you ever been there? I thought I would never like to go there because I don't like snow, but after looking at the pictures I think I would. Don't know when the best time to go is, do you? I bet it is costly. Going to bed, Good Night

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 5th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
I saw showed a video for Travelogue at work called "Alaska's Gold Rush Train". Right at the end of the main street in Skagway, there was a cruise ship! The film was very interesting and showed some things that I would be interested in seeing. There wasn't all that much snow. The people were wearing jackets, though!! Most people I've talked to have gone in the Spring--May, June, July. I interviewed one of our newer residents the other day for our newsletter who told me that she and her husband were up there in the "early" days, before the pipeline was built. They were campers and always set up by rivers so she could fish. One of the interesting things she did was to pan for gold! She was very mad when the pipeline was put in--it disturbed the beauty and innocence of the land.

Yeah, the 70's! WOW. Our countdown gal on the other site will tell us tomorrow that we have 10 Saturdays left. Last night Jake informed us in great big numbers that it was the 1000th post to our roll call. It's gone in streaks, but we're a chatty group, which is good.

Better go-almost 8AM!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 9th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Not much going on with me just wanted to say good morning.

Have been busy getting Ashley moved, she is so excited. Now she has it all to put away!!!! Better her than me.

Your count down is going fast now, are you planing to do anything special when your in port?

Have a good day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Moving is such a chore. As you said, "better her, than you". Plus, Ashee will know where she wants everything.
We haven't decided on what to do on any excursion. Trevor and I have different ideas on what is "fun"-he's a water person, I'm a land person. There are a couple of interesting tours around Jamaica and Grand Cayman that might grab our attention that include botanical gardens and a tour of an old plantation. Some of my roll call group is trying to get me to the stingray sand bar. I'm really going to have to cover up though. I'm not supposed to be in the sun for a prolonged period due to the Zyrtec I'm on, plus, I peeled after Ft. Lauderdale over the July 4th weekend have been nursing a red, itchy, bumpy rash at one of those sites on my upper left arm. You know me, I'm lily white and the sun is NOT my friend!

There is supposed to be a new Senor Frogs in Grand Cayman now, so Jake's checking that out. He's done about everything on the Island so is looking for something new. There is a plan for a "Pier Crawl" back to the ship in Cozumel, depending on how "stinko" the participants are. I don't mind coming back with them from Carlos and Charlie's/Senor Frogs, but the last time I was there, I was drinking ice water! There's also plans for a "cabin crawl" on board. Seven cabins of our group will be volunteered for us to meet in, have a drink, chat, draw a playing card, then go to the next cabin. Each "player" puts in an ante of $20 at the beginning to comprise the POT. At the end of the seventh cabin, the person with the best poker hand gets the pot, or it can be split, 1,2, 3. That part of the crawl is the poker run. There are also some quieter activities planned.

Better go. It's 8AM. Boy the time goes fast when I start typing!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 12th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi There,
Just a good morning, "hi". Jake has a week left until his finals are over so then our roll call will start "movin" again. I've been maintaining it, but when he takes a day off, no one posts, it seems.
I'm starting to look more forward to the cruise the closer it gets to September. Yesterday I had my hair cut-very short-and have made the app't for the perm for Oct. 8--our ORIGINAL cruise date before we changed it. that will be 3 weeks before we leave so it should be just right.
Yesterday I received 3 paychecks. One was the regular one. One was a bonus for Employee of the Month, and I guess the third one was money paid back for sick days. I hadn't expected that. I have only used 1 whole day in 6 1/2 years; all the rest have been for Dr. App'ts--2 hours here, 1 hr there, etc. Just as long as my vacation time is intact, I don't care. It was a nice surprise. (Too bad I couldn't have used the sick time for a longer cruise! I know, no fair, can't do!).DRAT!

Better get going. My boss is gone for the weekend, so I get to be in charge of a program coming in today. Hurray!
Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 15th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Thought I should write a line to keep us near the top. Only 9 more Saturdays for us before the cruise.
Went to the Dermatologist on Friday and he took a couple of biopsies. One was at the site of the bad sunburn on my arm and the other down near the wrist.Results might determine what causes these skin "problems". Trevor hopes I'll be able to eat tomatoes again so I can eat his chili--if it's determined that I don't have an allergy to them! The cruise causes concerns about sun exposure for me. I know that Trevor is a beach and pool person and I'm not, for the very reason of the sunburn. So, I may have to cover myself fairly well if in direct sunlight.
Nothing much else is going on. My niece arrives Wednesday night. Trevor is about to try to trounce me again at Scrabble. He "lets" me win 2-3 in a row but then comes back full steam. We'll take the game on the ship as usual and will have to find a time to play.

Take care for now. Love to all. Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 16th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Just wanted to say hello. I think you should save the extra checks for the cruise and buy you something special. Hope everything is ok with your Dr. appointment. Chili, that sounds good, tell Trevor I'll have some. Hope you have a good day
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 16th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Yes, a bowl of chili WOULD taste good. Wish I could have some. I'll tell him to heat you up a bowl!!
I've put some of the money away and Trevor gave me some to match it, so I have a good sum stashed back so far. I should be able to buy something either before I go on the cruise or something during it.
We've been scouting out hotels to stay in the night before but everything seems so expensive. He'd rather just stay here and drive down the day of, rather than spend the extra money. I really don't care,but staying home would give me that one additional day to put things to gether for the final packing and our clothes, especially the formals, wouldn't have to be in a garment bag/or suitcase curled up overnight in the trunk of the car. We'd have a headstart in the wrinkle dept. Maybe I'll get a new dress or a new shawl to feel I have a different look. He's already bought me new shoes--black patent leather pumps.Online!
Bye for now. I have bunco tonight. He has been beating me soundly at Scrabble lately. Grrrrr. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 17th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!! Not much going on here in Ohio. It has cooled down it has only been in the 70's the last few days. Right now it is only 59, but it is suppose to heat up again this weekend. Not much going on with me. Your count down is really looking good. It is time for Jake to start smelling the drinks!!!! I would say start smelling the ocean. Did you tell him he needs to go with us in 2007? As for my count down to hawaii it is 157 today. We are getting there. You don't know how many times I have thought of canceling it and going on a cruise. The thought of not being on the ship, I hope I am doing the right thing. The kids really don't care, they both have there pros and cons. Sea, we pay for no food, but we need more dress up clothes, land we enjoy more of Hawaii and it is casual all the way. Air prices are looking bad. I don't know to go ahead and get them or wait awhile. Well have to get busy this morning lots to do. Have a GREAT DAY Lynnie Rose.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I would say come with us in a minute. BUT, I think the cabins are going pretty fast right now. Jake hasn't received his upgrade to a balcony and is "stuck" with an oceanview. I'd say anything would be fine just to get on the ship. Even Joe is opting for a Western Caribbean on the CB Princess again.At least we'll be on a different ship! I wouldn't stear you away from your Hawaiian adventure, HOWEVER, it would be great to have you all with us!
I got up late today--7:45AM. Trevor just got out of the hot "you know what" so is refreshed. He's going to switch the cars so he can take my car to pick up my niece, Sarah.The seats in my car fold down in back so there's more luggage space. We're going to have an active 2-3 days here before we take her to the campus in Tampa on Saturday or Sunday.
Take care, yourself, Lushes, and have a wonderful day!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 18th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Well I have a little news. A few of my Alanon friends want me to go on a weekend cruise with them. You know that is hard for me to pass up. With air fare and the cruise is $440, not a bad price. You know I am thinking of going. We should all make our decession by this weekend. It is October 27. I would have to get into the money I have been saving for Hawaii but I will still have enough spending money saved by the time I go. I will let you know my decession. I have to say I am starting to smell that ocean.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 18th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi,
Great news!! Would you be leaving out of Miami?? We get back on Oct. 29-Ft.L I think you should go because it will be something to look forward to before the January trip. Waiting until the first of the year is just too long. Then, we can fun talking about our cruises and what we'll take and what we're going to do and........
What ship will it be??? This is exciting, and I know it would perk you up!! Work can be so boring sometimes even when there is something a little different each day pertaining residents. Go for it!!
Trevor wants me to show Sarah a picture of the Star, but there have been few pictures to show. So, I'll show her the Golden Princess pictures, which is supposed to be a sister ship. It can't be that much different!

This is a wonderful development for you!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Hello there. Well it will be certain tomorrow. So far there is 2 of us going, but htere might be 4. My Alanon sponsor and I for sure and then maybe her daughter-in-law and one of my other Alanon friends. My Alanon sponsors son just left for Iraq, well he should get there this week and the daughter-in-law is his wife, which he just got married to May 29 so they both could use a little fun. The ship is Carinval Fantasy and it leaves out of Port Canaviral. So any way here is how it goes. Air fare on air trans is $156.90 round trip which is cheap, but we would have to stay over in Flordia until Monday, of darn. So we have decided to stay at cocoa beach so we can enjoy the ocean for the day and some of Monday as our flicht would not leave until 5 something that night. So with air, cruise, transfers, and hotel will be around $530, not to bad. I think we are going to do it. Final decessions will be made tomorrow. I am wanting to go, just to get away from reality. Must finish cleaning my house. Talk to you later.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
Admiral

I DID IT I REMEMBERED HOW TO PUT MY CLOCK UP THERE FIRST TRY!!!!!!!

NOW I AM HAPPY

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 21st, 2005, 04:48 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
I hope you decide to go. The cost is cheap enough and it sounds as if you really need a break. It will break up the doldrums and not make January seem so far away. It would be a nice respite, if you think you can afford it.
My cruise can't come quick enough. I need to get away from work for awhile. My boss told me on Friday that she thought she could sense some tension in the dept again and that I've seemed "distracted" lately. And that we're a team, etc, etc, etc. I'm the LAST person to talk about being a member of a team. That's my middle name, I think!
Anyway, it has bothered me all weekend because I think she is wrong, if she thinks I'm the one causing the tension. I need to go in and clarify it with her some more because Friday is a lousy day to bring something like that up!
We just took Sarah over to college. She's on the 2nd floor and there are no elevators. Thank goodness she didn't have THAT much stuff--and that the college issued carts and dollies. She isn't the only one who took a small refrigerator! She thought the Golden Princess was "gigantic". I showed her where Skywalkers is and that told her that's where Jake will be most nights.
Hope you're done cleaning your house. That's a terrible chore for a Sunday night!!
Take care. We're only 2 months out from our cruises!!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 22nd, 2005, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Well I did it. I am booked on the Carnival Fantasy Oct 27!!!! Yippie. Now I really have something to look forward to!!!! Have to go for now, just wanted to tell you.
Love
Carol
PS Ashley is very jealous

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:02 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
I bet Ashley is jealous!! I can just hear her!!! Just think, you and I will be on our ship at the same time. Mine is Oct. 23-29. Yours is the 27-30th. Wow!! Great news for you and I'm glad you did it!!!!
Let your countdown begin--whoops, it has--I just saw it up above. Hurray!!!!! And, it's not that far off from ours!
Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 25th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Well your countdown is in the 50's now. I am getting excited too. Just to get away from it all. I am still having lots of flack from Ron. He keeps calling and it hurts to say no but as I told him Sunday I am tired of hurting and I am not going to keep doing the same thing over to get hurt again. He can just stay out there and do what he does. I am just waiting to get away. Maybe Mr. Right will be on the ship. Must get busy

Love Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi,
Your clock isn't that far behind mine! It is starting to seem real.
Our roll call has slowed down somewhat. It's been a long summer. There's only about 4 of us posting on a regular basis. I got into Joe's the other night, since I saw the topic of the weather was coming up about Katrina. He thanked me for stealing his thunder about Katrina, but jokingly said that he wouldn't want to be cruising this weekend. In the event of some periferal damage to the port, the ship would stay out later and there would be a later departure. He just wants to get on his cruise, too! We'll probably get some heavy rain here.

I've got to go to the store this AM for the weekly donut , and other necessities, run. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I have now officially moved the bingo time back to 9:45 so I'm not so rushed. I have to distribute things once I return.

I think you're doing the right thing, per Ron. You need to go and relax and "go with the flow".The person who comes along does so more unexpectedly, than not!!

Keep smiling. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 29th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Just want to get this back up to the top! We received our cruise information packet on Saturday pertaining to excursions, immigration form, Q+As, etc. So, we are one step closer.
My choir director and I spent all day in Tampa on Saturday reading through new anthems with over a hundred other folks doing the same thing. It is our yearly outing, but we were not overly impressed with the selections or the conductors this year. Just as we were about to leave, around 3PM the rains started falling and we were in them practically all the way home. Jaquae said they were the rain bands from Hurricane Katrina. Who would have thought that an iffy, unorganized storm for several days on the East Coast would intensify like it did south of Ft. Lauderdale and then re-intensify into a category 5 hurricane.?!
I guess there are a couple of more coming towards us now-one insignifcant and there other one behind it with "potential". The Sept. cruisers are going to have to watch it.

Nothing else too new. Today is my elder son's 36th birthday. Friday, the younger one turned 34. How did they get to be this age so fast?????

Be careful up there if Katrina should still pack some punch!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 30th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning. I have been off since Thursday and at my camper , so no access to a computer. I have to work this Friday as all the residents will get there check and want there money. I took Monday off and therefore I will work Friday. I still will get 3 days off because of the holiday.

Katrina will be hitting us today and tomorrow. Mostly today. It is just starting. We really can use the rain, my grass is brown. Our countdown is going DOWN. Yeah. Getting documents is really real!!!! Can't wait to get mine. Have a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning
I guess I was getting ahead of myself. I thought we only had 54 days left when Trevor asked me yesterday, when it was 59!
My roll call is really quiet. I've been the first poster in the AM for the last few days and the last one at night fairly frequently, and it was 6:08PM last night!! Jake is trying to find a new apt plus he says the "vultures" have been monitoring the cubicles at work-checking to see who is online when they should be working! From what I understand, he does do his fair share, but MGT is cracking down. So, he's not on as much during the day now.
Trevor asked me if I have everything I need for the cruise. I probably won't know that until October!! I just got my new refills on meds-3 months worth of each and I still have some left so I'm OK there. Neither one of them is life-sustaining so if I didn't get them I'd just be very uncomfortable!
I haven't worn half the t-shirts I've obtained on cruises and have 2-3 pairs of shorts that are all right, plus new shoes, etc, so I think I'll be OK. I want Trevor to take his good suit jacket this time-his sports coat just wrinkled too much. I ended up ironing it on board. My formal dress is fine, too.
That's it for this morning. I'm glad you could get away for a few days. Katrina didn't mess with us all that much, but I'm glad that Kenneth no longer lives in Cincinnati and Jamie is out west at the moment. Don't get blown away!
Did you see that water is now creeping into the French Quarter in New Orleans? That happened overnight, and was highly unexpected.
Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 1st, 2005, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Our countdowns are looking better and better. I am so happy I decided to go on a cruise as it has given me something to look forward to. Jan seemed just to far away. There is nothing like a countdown clock!!!! We are trying to find a good beach to go to in Nassau, as we have both been there before and we just want to enjoy the beach.

So any great plans for the holiday weekend? We are going to the camper. Monday is Dustin's 21st birthday so his MOm and his realitives are coming up on Sunday for a party. Ron will be there, I am not looking forward to that. I have been avoiding him. Right now it is best for me to detach completely so I don't get sucked back in. Anyway we are making home made ice cream ect. Mmmmm. No present for him, it will come in 142 days from today!!!! I am getting more excited about that, finally. Still have not bought the airline tickets, still hoping the price will drop, but it is not looking good. I am just thankful I have a vacation to look forward to as others hit by the hurricane are just wanting a place to live, you know? I am going today and give a donation to help. Well I must get busy. Have a good day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 3rd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Lynne &Trevor

I hope you had a nice weekend! I'm sorry I didn't get in before you left but have been running late or the server has been down.
I also hope that the weather holds for you. It's terrible to be camping in the rain.

Gee 21- a real adult!!! Good for him. The world will be open to him and Ashley now.
Homemade ice cream--Yummy!!

We have about 6-7 Saturdays left depending on who's counting and the time will go quickly. I get my perm on Oct 8. I don't what I'm going to do with my hair for the next month. I had it cut so it would grow out. I'm curling ironing it 3-4 times a week but it's going to look "ragged" by Sept's end. There's enough curl in it on top to be "wavy" but I get some "substance" with the curling iron, and heighth.

Things seem to be a little better in New Orleans. I'm glad that Trevor and I got to go there a couple of times to see at least the downtown and French Quarter areas. The water has receded in the French Quarter and the grass is green and plush around Jackson Park. That's good news. If the Convention Center area and arena can be cleaned up things will look much better.

Better go for now. Hi and love to all. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 6th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Hope you had a great weekend. We had a good one. We had a good cook out for Dustin's party on Sunday. Ron did not show up and Ashley was VERY hurt. He called late Sunday night she was not very nice to him. I know that hurt and I would just like to shake him right now. Enough of that. Yesterday was his actual birthday. I ask him what he wanted for breakfast and he said a buffet. I don't think he thought I would go in and fix that for him. I fixed him bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, pancakes and hashbrowns. He ate it all. I think he had a good day.

WOW look at your countdown. Your under 50 and I am right behind you. I am ready to leave now. I am trying to find a good beach to go to in Nassau if you know of any.

Must get busy lots to do. Have a great day. Hello to Trevor.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 6th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Lynne &Trevor

HI
It sounds as if you had a terrific holiday, except for the DAD factor. It will be something that Ashley won't forget easily. But, I'm glad it didn't spoil your good time.
We had a nice time with our granddaughter for her birthday on Saturday. We met them at a Carrabba's Restaurant. I hadn't been to one before. Because of my allergies, all I could eat was a Caesar Salad--but it was a dinner size with lots of garlic dressing. Trevor's lasagna didn't measure up to Dominic's, though. (). We all shared some calimari rings and I had two glasses of wine --2/1 Happy Hour. I drank about half out of each glass. Trevor finished it. And, I did share some of Katie's cake.Boy, she's a teen-ager, now. I remember holding her the day she was born.
My father and step-mother called me from Toronto yesterday afternoon. He'd fallen again-it's becoming more frequent, and Barb is having a hard time getting him in and out of bed. He can hardly walk. And, he thought he'd turned 100, and it's just 80. He wanted my mother's phone number. I guess when one gets to this age it's normal to want to reach out, especially with having a daughter as acommon denominator. My mother has been on a bent to my step-father about calling people he's not talked with for a long time. So, this is the time, I guess. My mother is 78. Both are not in the best of health and have spouses caring for them that are wearing down from the burden.

Yes, the countdown clock DOES look good! And, it makes me think that we have to start seriously considering what we're going to take. I know that this year since we're eating in the Dining Room-traditional seating-that Trevor will have to have more than one pair of trousers to wear.You know him; he'll primarily live in his shorts, t-shirt and baseball cap! I might buy another pair of shorts. I have 2 decent pair, and 1 passable pair that I took last year. Loads of tops, including the Sea Bees shirt!!

Better go. Bunco in a few minutes. Again, glad you had a great time. Oh, and I slept until noon yesterday. (Mon). That was fantastic. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 6th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Sounds like you had a good birthday party too. No nothing compares to Dominics. Sounds like you enjoyed your day off on Monday. Slept till 12!!! WOW I myself slept till 9 which is real late for me. Ashley laughs as I think 9 is late, but when you get up at 4 9 is late. I am at home. Usually I do not get online much at home, but just needed to see that countdown of mine 50 yeppie!!!!!! A hour earlier and I would have been on with you. Talk to you later.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 8th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
I don't why I didn't come on here yesterday-probably got my dates mixed up!
It's kind of breezy and overcast here this morning, Perhaps it's from TS Ophelia. It's due to spin its wheels into the weekend off the coast and the models show it going more north and then out to sea. However, there is a high coming down,so it may turn it back south. It's a frustration for the weathercasters. There's a Cruisemates Cruise beginning on Saturday on the Glory, so the storm may play havoc with Cape Canaveral.

Other than that, not much going on. Today is the weekly donut run. After this one, there will be six more until we cruise!!

Bye!!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE