Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Admiral

Default ROSE BON

Hello Rose Bon!! Thought I better get back into posting, I miss posting with you. I am still having trouble not going on a cruise and doing land. I sure love my cruises. the bad thing is it will probally be a couple of years before I can take another one after I get this Hawaii trip paid off. I will really be ready then. It will be back to the Eastern for me. Not to much happening with me. I am on vacation next week. Not doing much just going to stay at my camper. Have to save that money ya know, we leave for Haweaii in 205 days. Air fares keep going up. When I planned this trip for all of us they were $621 now they are up to $691, I am hoping they go down, I don't know what to do. What is new with you and Trevor? Won't be long now till your cruise, I wish I was going. Talk to you later.
Love
Carol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: ROSE BON

Hi Carol
I decided to check in on the Destinations Board today in the hope that you or Bridget might have posted at some point. I scrolled all the way down, and here you are! I had just about given up hope.I had been checking periodically, though!
I've missed posting with you, too. Somehow, I thought you might be upset at us for changing our dinner plans up in Dayton. We were so close!! But, it was a bad weekend for friends gathering. We did get to see the kids which was one of the main agendas,and from it, have now entertained Josh, the first of Young Trevor's children to come down. He is still corresponding via email very regularly and hopes to come back. He even misses our evening Scrabble games and Bunco, bless his heart.

Trevor is doing well. We had a get-together with his daughter a few weeks ago,around Father's Day, when she and her family came down from Lake Wales-about an hour away. They have such a hectic schedule that it's hard for us to reach them much. We went to a restaurant that has a fabulous dessert called the Gazookie!! White Macadamia Nut cookie on the bottom, covered with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream,cherry. It's in its own little pan. You can also get one that is a chocolate chip cookie with all chocolate stuff on it. Irene also ordered the strawberry cheesecake. This also required at least 2 spoons for sharing. Too good! This was AFTER we ate!
Yesterday, Trevor and I went back and ordered the dessert again, after a lighter meal and no heavy drinks.

We are looking forward to our cruise more now. We're into double digits-only 13 Saturdays left. I've enjoyed posting with several of the ones going on the cruise on the roll call, especially Jake. He's 23, and we've exchanged pictures so we each know what we look like. His mother and sister will be cruising with him. He is SO excited and energetic and "fun". We have named him the "Director of Nefarious Activities". He loves to Disco. You can get a taste of him on this main board under the 10/23 roll call. Check it out. There's also a guy who is the "Puna Kahuna" in charge of the "spirits". He will give the Puna Blessing at sailaway. I have named him "Professor" because he has travelled widely and has studied the history of most of the ocean liners. Jake wants to try out Karoake, and we all (or many of us) will join him in Skywalkers one night wearing variations of red, white and blue as a theme for our group. I submitted the name of "Star Walkers" for us, for our ship and in honor of Jake and his love of Disco. It has seemed to have stuck. He is taking college coarses, while also working and his ambition is to work aboard a cruise ship.

I trust you and the "girls" are doing OK. Gee, it's almost 2 months since we've been up north already. Time really does go by!
We have a new laptop computer which is now designated as Trevor's (good!) so right now we're both doing our "thing".
My younger son, is just settling into his new apt in North Bergen, NJ. He started at MSNBC July 6, only had had one day off, which is what he wanted. His checking account is shouting "hurray". Rent there is not cheap-he's paying $1150/month. He can see the NYC skyline from his street. The other one, Jamie, is busy doing a documentary for school and is in the process of securing interviews from business people, such as, Dusty Baker, Mgr of the Chicago Cubs, also will be talking to the Coach for Ohio State and leaders from Wendy's and other places. Very cool!

I'll let you go for now. So glad to see you on here. I hope we can go cruising together again. Next year, if our former son-in-law and family (including our granddaughter,Katie) don't go on a cruise with us, we're thinking of the Crown Princess for the New England/Canada tour. Since Kenneth is based by New York City, now we have a reason to visit up there and sail out of the NYC Harbor!!
However, if we go Caribbean again, it will be the Southern track. Getting tired of the same spots,especially Trevor. I hope the Hurricane Season calms down by then.

See ya later, alligator. Take care. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 18th, 2005, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning. No I was not upset, just been busy. Crazy at work lately as we are going to a new Medicaid billing system and on the weekends I am always at my camper. I was on vacation 2 weeks ago. Seemed funny not to do anything. I went up to my camper and just relaxed. You are really getting close now. 97 days, that is so exciting, I will have to check out the board. I am at 187. I am still having trouble knowing I will not be on a cruise ship, this is hard for me, even though I know if I really want to see Hawaii I needed to do land.

Glad Travor is doing fine. Is he going to try and get another job? The Girls are fine. Ashley and Dustin just bought a moblie home. It will be a good little start for them. I hope they take care of it, they are both little slobs. I have not seen to much of my sister this summer. Now that she is able to ride her horse they bought a horse trailer with a camper and they are gone almost every weekend. She is fine though.

Well it is Monday and I must get busy here. Have a good week.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 18th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
We are enjoying typical Florida weather down here--"soupy"----hot and humid!

Trevor hasn't really looked for a job since the week after he left the bank. He's settled back into the house husband routine and has been very busy ordering things online. He NEEDS to find a job just to get him out of the house. The local convenience store combined with a nearby gas station is hiring again and I jokingly told him he could pick up an application there. He did. But the joke is that he's applied there a couple of different times with no results. Younger people have been hired.

I'm glad that you have an outlet for your weekends. We just generally stick around here not doing much of anything. I look forward to going back to work sometimes.

I'm starting to look forward to the cruise more. Trevor's going to have to snap a couple of pictures from our video of our ship in order to get some shots into the computer. I want one of the Star on my desktop, and, of course, Jake wants one-our roll call "party boy".
Gotta go. It's just about 8AM. My boss is out until Wed. However, my former boss happened to be in the office Thurs and Fri. I'll see what happens this week when I'm supposed to be in charge.
Bye for now. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 19th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Thought I would say a quick hello before getting started this morning. I don't want to be here today. I almost called in, but I knew that would not be the best thing for me. Just a little on the depressed side today. I just need to meet a real nice man to talk to and do fun things with, maybe someday. Ron, is back to his drinking and blasted me last night with I never do this or that and he is like that because of me. Even though I know better it hurts. Enough of that. Just in a bad spot today. hope you have a great day at work.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 19th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Sorry about your encounter last night. Those type of people are the ones who can really tear you up and then they walk away and leave you with the "stuff". My ex was like that-only it was his temper,not alcohol, that was his demon. I was always walking on eggs. He could be charming one minute and then if I did or said something either to agree to a debated point and he didn't like it, Boy. Luckily, he didn't hit, but if he did, he would have been in jail in a hurry.
I hope you have a better day at work. I think we need to work on a cruise for us so we can get away from it all again--after Hawaii is paid off. I know that sometime we'll have to get back to Dayton at some point before then, unless my mother in law lives to be 100! She just turned 90!
Gotta go-it's 8:05!! Are you smiling yet???? Love, Lynnie-ROSE (good luck with the Medicare stuff. Our residents were just given a seminar on it--totally confusing!)

Old July 20th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Admiral

I think we should plan on Sept or Oct 2007. What do you think? I really want to go back to the Eastern. Maybe we should try and get some of the other ones going too.

Post Edited (07-20-05 05:01)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 20th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Sept or Oct of 2007 sounds good! Joe (waterrats) and I have been lurking around this Fall's CB Princess threads. He's going the week of 9/24, and Rich and Fran will be on the one for Sept. 17. So, Joe and I have been answering some of the threads,especially about hurricane season and stories. I haven't seen much from many others from our group. Rich/Deb, from Guelph,does post from time to time-saw Deb on a thread about Ft. Lauderdale hotels!
It kind of makes me a little sad not to be going on the CB again this year, with some of those we know, but, this roll call I'm on is gelling, I think. Early on there were 3-4 who dominated the thread primarily about their college basketball tournaments. Then they dropped out, and now Jake, the Prof, and I are the main contributors, with the others bopping in about once a week or so.The person who started the thread isn't on often either.I think that once Jake is done with school and the true planning starts, the others will be back in. Some of that was done in the early days, but many of them have lives other than checking in on the computer every day.
But," yous and ussins" will definitely be ready to go on another one again. "Trevor always liked you best"--remember that! The Bon Girls!
Keep your spirits up! We just have to keep in touch and start doing the research this next year!!!
Goodnight for now. My eyelids are VERY heavy!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE.

Old July 21st, 2005, 04:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!!! Sept or Oct sounds good to me. Hurricane season does not scare me!! Like I said I would like to book Eastern but who knows where we will go, right? We will have to start watching for the bargains. Maybe we could try and get some of the others to join us. Maybe I will find that nice man

Guess what I did last night? I went and had all my hair cut off short. It sure looks different. Everyone seems to like it so far. I look at it as a fresh start and a whole new me!!!! Well I am trying atleast.

I am heading to my camper tonight, me and the dog. Relax!!!!!

Hope you have a great day and a good weekend.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 21st, 2005, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Ashlley is in my office eating her lunch. She said her and Dustin are in for Sept. 2007. I will ask Angie too. Sounds like it will be a reunion!!!!!!! Now I have a cruise to look forward to. Can't wait until I can get a clock going. Tell Trevor to start saving his money!!!!

Ashley said can we see that Jarred and James and the cute dancers be on the cruise we go on?

Post Edited (07-21-05 12:14)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Just talked to Angie, she said Sept 2007 would be Roy's 50th birthday (Sept 21) so that might work with them too. I am getting excited!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 21st, 2005, 05:47 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi!
It does sound exciting, doesn't it!!!! I'm ready. I've missed you all and I keep looking at last year's pictures. Trevor has put the desktop picture of us sailing away from Port Everglades on again. I can see us in the left hand corner. I'll have to put the picture of the "Bon Girls" back up--although, we may have to change our undercover name this time around since we don't have that sponsor anymore!

Well, Carol, you're good at looking at bargains, and Trevor has a lot of time to look for some so between us we should get something going. However, unless it's an extremely good deal, Trevor will only cruise on Princess. We'll be up to Platinum Level after this next cruise and he'll be expecting his "perks".

I hope you have or will have had a nice weekend!!! Keep smiling. I know that your haircut really looks good. A good start! Now, I need to get mine trimmed. I'm beginning to look like a chia plant! I can either get it cut very short and get the perm later, or I can get it permed now, and then again Oct. It will be just about done by the time we cruise Oct. 23. I'll try to wait it out another couple of weeks and then I'll be into August and will be OK.
Bye. Hi to all. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 23rd, 2005, 10:25 AM
Lynne &Trevor

I'm just saying hello here on Saturday to keep the thread up close to the top. I just got back from "preaching" for the Chapel service at work. It's rewarding for me to do it.

I just learned last night that my niece and her mother will be arriving in Tampa today (about 10 minutes from now) to attend a freshman orientation for Sarah tomorrow. Their plan is to check in at the college-University of South Florida-to check on dormitory arrangements for tonight and then drive over here for a visit. It's a 2 hour drive for them. I don't know how long they will stay but I think they will be expecting something to eat or be taken out to a restaurant (according to the call from my step-father last night). That will be worth the trip for them. Sarah has been here before when she wasn't old enough to "legally" drive the golf cart. Now, she'll be 17 in November. This visit should take care of our Saturday.

That's it for now. I have to get off of here and go dust some shelves, put laundry away, etc. Hope you had a great weekend. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 24th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Hello!!!1 Thought I would check in before going to bed. I did have a nice weekend. I went to my camper and 9 of my Alanon friends came and we all went swimming then sat by the fire. 2 of them stayed all night with me, that was nice. Came home about 3:30 and took a 2 hour nap. That was nice too. Should have cleaned my house, but there is always tomorrow.

Hope you had a nice visit with your neice, how did they like the school?

We will be looking for the bargains, but usually Princess is right up there. It woun't matter to me. I want another balcony room. This will be fun planning and counting down. Your clock is about to change to the 80's, I am excited for you. I wish I was going. I am going to check out air fares to Hawaii before going to bed. I check them everyday. They went up but now are starting to drop again. I am hoping in Sept they really drop then I will buy.

Must get going for tonight. Good Night.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 25th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Boy, I am still so tired=====this antihistimine I take every night sure has a "hangover" factor, in that I could sleep again for several hours. It's a 24hr one and when I take it close to 11PM it is just finishing up the last cycle and the new one doesn't kick in for a couple of more hours.. zzzzzzzz
Yes, the time will start going faster for our roll call group. Jake, our young leader, has about 2-3 weeks left of school and then he'll really be ready to shake things up. As it is, he and I have just jumpstarted the roll call of one of our group who will be on the 2nd half of a b2b with us. He'll be on the CB Princess the week of Oct.15, and his fellow travellers weren't really into the groove yet for sailaway. Jake and I went over to the thread and now they're talking about Mardi Gras beads, lei's , grass skirts and all kinds of wild ideas, some of which came from us. (beads and leis). So that thread is keeping us going.
RayB has been advertising a Central Florida get-together primarily for the Carnival Glory group leaving the next day. We have attended two of his functions so far that have taken us to the other side of Orlando, which is quite a ride for us. This one is at Lake Buena Vista-Disney. There are several who post on the morning board that I'd like to meet, but this morning I got to thinking that the scheduled dinner is at 6PM and I work until 5-would have to get off early, yada yada yada.Then we might have to drive through i-4 traffic......... You can tell I'm tired because I've already told Ray to put us down for a tenative 2 before realizing it's a Friday night. It's not until Sept.9 so I still have time to send in the regrets.

Hope your airline rates come down for you , and am very happy you had such a relaxing weekend. I guess my niece likes the college. It's a lot of money to bring her down here, and she hasn't exactly applied herself in high school. I will say, though, she has turned into a beautiful near 18 year old woman-but I remember her more for her younger, "cute" years!!

Bye for now. I hope Bridget finds us and says hello. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 26th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Just wanted to say good morning. Nice and hot here. With the heat index it was 166 yesterday. The local fair is on this week and them people are crazy to go out there in this heat. Suppose to rain today though then it is suppose to cool down. Hope you have a good day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Howdy,
I guess we have to say that your heat is worse than ours! Wish you could come down and cool off! We had a stray "heavy" shower come through unexpectedly during the night.This morning it is overcast. Our windows are steamed up as usual because the house is cooler than outside.
There's going to be a Mexican Fiesta at work this morning put on by student nurses from the local community college. I lose patience with these girls sometimes because they don't bring their own supplies like tape, construction paper, music, etc and we have to run around finding what they need-like scissors, etc. They only confirmed this yesterday after repeated calls to them. It throws off our whole schedule. Anyway, it will be nice to pretend I'm in Mexico for a morning. I'll wear my Cozumel necklace and wear some bright colors-although I'd rather dress in beige and stay out of the limelight.

The final one of four activities people resigned last week (or would have been fired) from the nursing home side. It's been a bad year for our personnel over there. Our Senior Activities person who was over there for 15 years left in May 2004- "left in a hurry", after some things came to light after the Union was voted in. Her helper-who was the Union Steward, was fired a few weeks later based on a report issued based on an alleged resident abuse. The person who just left last week had been called in to help her out. She ended up working on her own with limited help from someone on light duty--who is still with us, by the way. So, another person was hired last September and she didn't last all that long-among other things, she was too talkative to the State. So, someone else was hired in and she left because of citizenship issues (Canada).
Finally, a good friend of mine was hired in =she's been one of our bus drivers for 7 years and had to get out because of the physical problems she was having. Well, the staff person who just left met her match--my friend doesn't take any guff (former police officer) and started to question some things and there were many irregularities and inconsistencies in charting found that couldn't be explained away.
Now, my friend, and the light duty worker are teaming up and the other position has been put in the paper already. I'm the Senior Person in Activities , next to my retiring boss who will be "officially" gone in Oct..
By the way, my friend has been on 25 cruises--mostly Carnival, RCL, and HAL.

Gotta go!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 26th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Wow, that sounds like our activities right now. Must be the year for them. We to are having trouble with activities. My fried who was the activities director of 15 years was let go and several has either quit or got fired. Right now we are down two. Not good when it is fair week.

Right now it is 87 and with the heat index it ia 102. I guess it will be another stay inside day for me!!!!!
Must get back to work on my lunch break

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 26th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Will wonders never cease! I was named the Employee of the Month today! My new boss , Carol, has been trying for several months to get that honor bestowed upon me but was always outvoted. Last month I lost by 1 vote. This time she got it through-the Dept. Heads vote on it. Carol did tell me this AM because she needed some information from me for the the Exec to use at the monthly residents meeting where it is announced. WOW. As a few people told me afterwards, it was long overdue.

The neat thing is that it is for the month of August. The pin that I received has the color for August in it, which is also my birth month, along with my sons, so I have my birthstone in it. Very cool! I will have my own parking spot for the month across the street from the front door--good--because I'm always running late, and I believe I'll be getting an extra $50 in my paycheck. Trevor is never going to believe it, and most likely go on to ask if I get a pay raise with it!! NO. I want him to be happy for me and not go off ranting about how I should have gotten it a long time ago. It is a relief!

My friend in Activities took my nametag home tonight to drill a hole in it for my pin. She received one a few years ago.

Our roll call is starting to take off again with different/ original posters contributing to the thread. One has researched how to get in touch with the Cruise Director the first day, after having emailed him, to set up a party for the group.I was feeling that the 2-3 of us were monopolizing the thread and pulled back a little. But, this cruiser who did the research did her stint of monopolizing it herself when her college football basketball team was in the playoffs!!

I think our activities staff will end up all right. We have a cohesive TEAM now and we all help each other. It will be highly stressed to anyone interviewed that everyone must work together, and make sure that the charting is accurate and truthful!

Goodnight! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 27th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Admiral

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!!!! That always makes you feel good no matter how long over due it is. Atleast they recognize that you do good work and work hard. CONGRATS to you again.

It is going to rain here today, then it is suppose to cool us down. I hope so with the heat factor it was 105 yesterday.

Hope you have a great day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi
Our heat index was supposed to have been over 100 today. I can believe it. I stepped outside for a couple of minutes and usually enjoy getting out of the AC, but I was roasting within seconds. I kept my sweater off for a good part of the day.

Thanks for the congrats. It gives me a sense of relief and validation. At least I might command "some" respect for awhile. I feel as if I'm part of an elite group, but that will probably be minimized once the next person is chosen.

Some of our roll call group is back that has been away for awhile so we're getting more posters besides just the three of us who have been carrying the ball. There is actually a movement underway to compose or draft a letter to the Cruise Director about setting up a time for our CC group to meet. We will most likely officially call ourselves the "CC STAR WALKERS". Sounds kind of neat.

Well, I think I'll get to bed before I get completely frozen. Trevor went almost an hour ago and turned down the AC. It takes awhile to kick in but the air is getting colder and colder now and I'm going to be a cold mackeral before too long.

Goodnight! Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 28th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Well the HOT heat has stopped anyway. Last night, he got down in the 50's and today it is only suppose to get to 79. Lots better than 116. I am loving it because it is my turn to man the booth today at the local fair. Hard work for me today. Nice break and can you say sugar waffles!!!!! Mmmmmmm. Talk to you later

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old July 29th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
I didn't post yesterday because I was running late and had to go to the store for the donuts and other things. Last night we had company-a college friend and his bride of 2 years.We attended their wedding. I knew Don's first wife at college, too, before they were married and we hooked up with them about 3 years ago when they were still married after 37 years.
Don and Carol took their first cruise during Christmas week last year on the Coral Princess through part of the Panama Canal. Last night they were talking about joining us on a cruise. We are all talkers so should get along fine.Carol and I had the chance to really get to chat last night and she is a very sweet and spiritual person--works in a Dr.'s office, but isn't one of the "up front" girls.She's had gastric bypass surgery so is about a third of the size she was when she and Don got married.

We still have the heat, and our rain chances go up again today. Very warm, even for me!!

Today at work we have the "12 Minute of Sebring" (based on the 12 Hours of Sebring Auto Races).An obstacle course is being set up and there will be like a driving test of those people who ride in scooters and motorized chairs. Most of them drive them like their on the Indianapolis Speedway, and have no consideration for walls, and peoples feet! So, they have to do 3 point turns, go in and out of cones, etc. It's being made into an "Activity" facilitated by our Health and Wellness Coordinator. It should be interesting. I hope we have a room left!!

Take care now. Don't eat too many waffles. They are SO-O-O good! My cruise countdown is looking better!! Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old July 31st, 2005, 12:48 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Happy Sunday==I just wanted to get the thread back up to the top!
Our excursions are available to see but not reserve yet, but that's progress!!
The weather is hot, with afternoon storms.
Tomorrow (Monday) I get to start using my Employee of the Month CLOSE parking space. I hope I remember!!
My mother fell again the other day, and Friday night my step-father told me that the Dr. is trying to figure out why she keeps "overflowing" all the time. Now the sheets and her clothes must be washed everyday. She also went to the hosptital ER in the wee hours Tuesday night-diagnosis---TIA. Once it passed she was fine and returned home. She is back to her "old" self. They are still planning to come down here in the Fall. We'll see.

Trevor is fine. He's lifting weights while waiting for lunch to get done. We were in our own Scrabble tournament for a couple of days-kept adding to the total. For 3 games he won overall by about 60+ points but I actually won the final game.

The 12 Minutes of Sebring went fine. There were only about 5 contestants--should have been more--and it was well managed. A couple of chairs took some hits but overall it was quite civilized. As I said, some of the biggest offenders in the chairs weren't there to participate. The Residents enjoyed competing and cheering.

Bye for now. I think we are only in the 80's+ days range. Woo Hoo!!
Love,Lynnie-ROSE PS. How many waffles did you eat???!!!!!

Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:41 AM
Admiral

Just wanted to check in. Not much going on with me, just getting geared up for this new billing. Lots of work. Ashley and Dustin got there keys to there new house last night. They are so excited. They will move in this weekend. Your clock is looking great. Wish I was going. It is 172 days for me. Time really is going fast. I just wish these air fares would go down. Have a great day. Tell Trevor hello.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:00 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
Trevor's sitting in the hot tub with the water churning. It's loud-even in here with the sliding door closed.
I found my parking spot pretty easily yesterday, but it didn't stop the time clock from clicking! I was still over by a minute. I can never really gauge that thing-it's either too fast or way behind, because it keeps being re-set. Even if I leave here early, in most cases, I meet a train and have to wait anyway!!

Hurray for Ashley and Dustin. That's an important first step. Tell her I'm really happy for them.
My niece Sarah will be returning for school on August 17. Trevor will go to Orlando to get her.The plan made by her and her mother was for her to stay with us until she checks into the dorm in Tampa on Sunday, August 21. We have a lot of her stuff-sheets, coathangers, momentoes, etc that she left here last time. We may change her dorm check in day to Saturday so I don't have to miss church.Trevor wants me to drive over with them so he has company on the way home.But, but, I know we'll be singing some hymns that day since I helped to choose them. We'll see. I got into hot water during my last marriage when the choir won over going to the baptism of my ex's best friend's baby. Church seemed more important.

It's hot here with afternoon storms. It really rained hard down at work but only threatened around here. Lots of dark clouds but nothing to go with them.
Bye for now. It's just about 8 AM. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
Cala

Could you please just email each other instead of using this board for personal reasons. Like I care about parking spots and hot tubs. You guys are sick putting this stuff on a board. This is an advise board not a gossip board.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 05:42 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I'm sorry if this offends you but we have been on a cruise together and do refer to our cruises on this this post. The very title, ROSE BON, has significance to us and why you would choose to even look at it without reference to a cruise is a bit puzzling.
Yes, I have thought of emailing, too, but we have been corresponding with others in our group since last year with no intercept from the monitors. We keep it clean and continued this thread from the beginning when we started our countdown clocks from last summer.We are also in communication with other parts of this board. This forum was also very beneficial in keeping others updated on our situation during the hurricanes last year when we had no power, but Carol could let them know we were OK-when I could get out on a phone.

We are not here to judge each other. If it offends you, please do not easedrop on our conversations. We also give each other advice per our cruises, and supply support.
So far, we have not offended any of the monitors or hosts. We will be happy to abide by whatever rules are set. So far, you're the only one who has commented.

Lynne

Old August 3rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Carla, the way I see it, if you don't like it don't read it. It is none of your business.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old August 3rd, 2005, 06:55 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
That 81 days is looking a lot better. It will be better still when it gets to 60-30-10-0 !
Did you see the report that there are going to be more hurricanes this year? I they don't do much damage or one hit during our week, but I suppose every cruiser on every cruise hereout will be hoping for the same thing.
I'm starting to think about what to take. I have several t-shirts I haven't worn yet that have been purchased on cruises. It's the good news, bad news scenario. The good news is that they are a souvenir from my trip. The bad news is that if I wear them, then they will have to be washed and won't be new anymore!! However, I will take the Sea Bees shirt of the Bon Girls/CB Princess just so I can say that you all were with us!!

Our final payment was due this week and we're not sure if the amount is correct. Trevor is going to wait to see if anything comes of it. I think the kink is that we original paid the first payment for the Oct.8 CB Princess Cruise then switched to this one on the Star. We were going between Princess and Travelocity.

Have a great day at work. We've had a "normal" week so far, but tomorrow will have the Red Hat Luncheon at a restaurant instead of in house, and then there's a concert in the afternoon by one of our favorite local stars-----sings country, gospel, etc.

Bye for now. Lynne