Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Passenger

Default EXCURSIONS

wife and i going on frist cruise in late nov. on carnival victory with stops
in(San Juan,St. Maarten,and St.Thomas/St.John) .Not sure what excursion to take. She likes beaches I want to snorkel maybe scuba dive.
HELP!!!!! THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
Admiral

MARTYKAT,

wife and i going on frist cruise in late nov. on carnival victory with stops
in(San Juan,St. Maarten,and St.Thomas/St.John) .Not sure what excursion to take. She likes beaches I want to snorkel maybe scuba dive.

In that case, you and your wife might want to consider taking different excursions then comparing notes over dinner. There is, however, one excursion in St. Thomas that you and she can do together if Carnival offers it. The "Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John" has the catamaran pick you up right at the cruise ship pier and set sail to a secluded beach on St. John with a reef for snorkeling nearby. After some time for swimmng, sunning (either aboard the catamaran or on the beach, as you choose), and snorkeling (gear provided), the crew serves lunch aboard the catamaran. The catamaran sets sail after lunch and returns to the pier around 3:15, so you'll have some time for shopping or you can return to the ship in time for afternoon tea.

Norm.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:36 PM
Passenger

Thank you this is a fewof the things we are looking at .
St. Martin-Divi Little Bay Beach Experience
Golden Eagle Catamaran, Pinel Island Tour
St. Thomas/St. John-Castaway Barefoot Sail & Snorkel To Shipwreck Cove, St.John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel any help thanks
Old August 25th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Passenger

the two most important tours are San Juan and the rain forest but may I recommend checking out www.puertoricoplanner.com for more options.
click on sightseeing and the expert
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Admiral

We have booked the excursion from St. Thomas to St. John's Trunk Bay, it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, water is crystal clear, snorkeling right off the beach, snack bar, changing facilities..a great place. We investigated the Little Divi Beach Break but called the hotel and found out that the hotel isolates the cruise ship passengers to a small section of the beach. In St. Maarten, we took a taxi to Orient Beach which was stunning, lots of restaurants, water sports, etc. We could see Pinel Island off-shore and other passengers we spoke to loved it, good snorkeling.
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Passenger

St. Maarten is not known for its snorkeling or diving, but the best snorkeling seems to be at Pinel Island.

The Shipwreck Cove snorkeling excursion is a ripoff. They take you to a bay where two 15 foot drug running boats were intentionally sunk and they call it "Shipwreck Cove". The boats are deep and there isn't much to them. No real wrecks there.

On St. Thomas you might want to consider going to Coki Becah where you can scuba dive and she can snorkel.

http://www.cokidive.com/

I found the snorkeling at St. Johns to be a waste of time. Pretty scenery but the snorkeling was poor.
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Admiral

The Golden Eagle Catamaran tour is a great tour that the both of you would enjoy. You sail up the gorgeous coastline of St. Maarten, you sail over to Tintamar(island preserve), drop anchor, you can swim off the boat, wade into shore, wander the beach, go snorkeling- they feed the fish so they are plentiful, the water is crystal clear. Food and beverages are provided, its a fun trip.
My son did some SCUBA diving in St.Maarten - it was his first time, he took the ships excursion, he loved it, got him hooked on SCUBA diving so much so that he wants to get certified.
If you want to do some serious SCUBA diving my best recommendation would be to go to your local dive shop and talk to the experienced divers, find out where they dive and which companies they chose.

St. Thomas - we head over to St. John Island on our own, we don't bother with a ships tour, our time is our own. The beaches are gorgeous- silky white sand, crystal-clear turquoise waters to snorkel.
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Passenger

You MUST visit St. John's. I forget how much but much of St. John is a National Park. It is beautiful Best beaches in my opinion.

Don