Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Beginner

Default Cozumel

We are taking a cruise in late February. One of the stops is Cozumel.
What is the docking situation and is most of the downtown area open?

Thanks,

Dave Collins
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don't worry about Cozumel I was there last week on the Freedom with 5
other ships,3 in town 3 outside at 3 miles away. Nice cruise! Mateli
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Passenger

As I recall there are short teather rides to the dock. The downtown is all open with lots of souvenier shopping - much better than Naussau.
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Currently, there is room for 3 cruise ships to dock - the rest tender.

I think everything downtown is open and still an incredible amount of new construction going on.
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Passenger

I was in Cozumel in 2004 and really liked that port allot. We went to the Mayan Ruins which was very nice, but very hot and not much shade that was in July though so it should be much cooler when you go in February. At that time our ship was not able to dock so we had to take a tender in. Their is also allot of nice shopping their.

We are going again on January 28, 2007. This time we are going to do the swim and snorkel with the dolphins.

What other ports are you going to and what ship will you be on?

Debbie

[img]/countdown.php?month=01&year=2007&day=28&hour=16:00[/img]
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Captain

Cozumel is recovering very nicely from Hurricane Wilma. Their doing a lot of building, and it is looking great.

The only ships docking are a few of the large ones. Everyone else has to tender.

Libragirl 8)
Old December 26th, 2006, 06:41 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, Cozumel's downtown pier (Punta Langosta) is completely back, holding 2-3 ships (dep on size) and south piers (Puerta Maya and Turistico/International pier) hold together 3...lots of tenders available for service...still somedays up to 7 ships in port. Hope this helps!
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Does anyone know which pier Carnival Miracle docks at in Cozumel? I have directions to my excursion from alla three areas, but would like to know in advance if possible.

Thanks.

Kim
Old December 29th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Kim,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Does anyone know which pier Carnival Miracle docks at in Cozumel? I have directions to my excursion from alla three areas, but would like to know in advance if possible.
The ship's berthing assignments often vary from week to week, depending which and how many other ships are in the same port on the same day, because there are quite a few ships that don't call at the same ports on the same days each week.

Norm.
Old December 29th, 2006, 01:58 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, the Carnival Miracle docks most of the tima at Puerta Maya, a 5 minute taxi ride to downtown, right next to the international pier. Sometimes it docks at Punta Langosta downtown..what date are you coming? I may have the information...
Old December 29th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're not coming in until March 14th. It's not really a huge deal I suppose. I was just curious.

Here's what they told me:

Arriving from Punta Langosta: Walk across the street from the terminal to the Plaza and begin walking on the main beachfront road towards downtown San Miguel. Walk one block. Go right on 7th street and walk a 1/4 block to Rentadora Islena, located on the left side of the street and well marked. Our professional guides will be waiting for you. Please check in and pay the balance of your tour.

Puerto Maya and International Pier: Simply take a taxi to Rentadora Islena and meet our representative in front of the office. Your taxi ride is very short and should cost no more that $5-$7usd for a group of up 4. Be sure to settle on a price with the taxi driver prior to your departure.

From the Main Ferry Pier. You can walk north to 7th street and turn left just before Punta Langosta, which should take only 10-15 mins or take a cab for less than $5usd.

Kim
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:15 PM
StephenAGoreJr

we are on carnival triumph there next week. I saw with cruise cal we are like one of 2 ships there. Does that mean we will dock then? I hope so that way we are super close to the bars etc!
Old March 3rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
cozumelcruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozumelcruising
Hi, the Carnival Miracle docks most of the tima at Puerta Maya, a 5 minute taxi ride to downtown, right next to the international pier. Sometimes it docks at Punta Langosta downtown..what date are you coming? I may have the information...
I need to correct my post, Puerta Maya the main Carnival Cruise Line pier in Cozumel is currently beeing rebuilt and is only serving as a tendering pier, no docking until 2008.