Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Passenger

Default St. Vincent tours

Has anyone been to St. Vincent. I will be there is Feb.2009 and a bit confused on what tour to take. I am leaning between the Whale and Dolphin Watching tout and the Fort Charlotte Botanical Gardens and scenic drive. I have gone on Whale watching tours both in Alaska and Hawaii and saw a number of very large whales. The tour says sitings are not guaranteed and this is a concern. I love these tours,but also like forts. Can anyone be of assistance. Thanks for any help. Linda
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ladybug,
I think as long as you do some kind of tour there, other than just walking around town. First and only time I was there, not much to see and the town seemed kind of beat up to me.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the advice. Sometimes I wonder why ships stop in areas where there isn't much to see or that are a little to dangerous for my taste. Thanks again. Linda
Old October 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Admiral

It's been a few years since I was at St. Vincent but I do remember it as being lush, hilly and green. We took a ships tour, basically seeing some of the country side and stopped at a fort. There were six of us in a van with a driver and guide. Someone broke out a bottle of white rum and we had the driver stop at a small store for cups, etc. The tour guide ( a young lady ) also got in on the rum--I can't remember her name but her favorite saying ( after some of the rum ) was YEP--on the right is etc, etc, --YEP---on the left is so-so, etc. YEP--It was some sort of soccer tournament time and she was having a big bash with her family later that day and invited us all ---YEP-- to go the tournament -- YEP-- to watch the game. Naturally we couldn't go because of the time constraint.
You might just enjoy St. Vincent if you like the lesser developed islands--It's no St. Thomas or Cozumel but that's why I loved it. I would love to return sometime.
It's one of the few islands that has a small population of the original Caribe Indians. Dominica has the most.
Try their website at www.svgtourism.com for a lot of helpful info.
I think your fortunate to have St. Vincent as one of your stops.
Enjoy.
Old October 25th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Passenger

Ron thanks for answering my post on St. Vincent. I checked out there site and got some good information. Linda
Old October 26th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Admiral

You are very welcome--hope you have a wonderful time.