Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Familiar Face

Default Eastern/Western excursion no swimming

We are doing a Exotic Western and Eastern B2B cruise in Jan 2011 and were wondering what things would be fun. My husband is not into doing a beach day, zip tours or scuba diving. We will be going to St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. I thought we might go see the ruins in Belize but other than that I don't know. He would like to go on bike tours and that would be fine I would either do something else or stay on the ship. He really isn't interested in sitting on a beach or going in the water. We chose the carribean because it is more affordable than anywhere else. The other cruises we looked at were a lot more money. I am fine staying on the ship or going on tours around town but I am not sure about him. Does anyone have any suggestions?
tigercat
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Admiral

in St. Thomas if you dock at Havensight, there is a nice mall right there at the pier, the Paradise Point Tramway is just a short walk from the pier also, its really beautiful at the peak, botantical garden, some shops, beautiful harbor view. I am not sure but i think that a bike tour in St. Thomas requires a trip over to St. John Island. In San Juan do a walking tour of Old San Juan and Fort El Morro, or you could book an excursion into the El Yungee rainforest- gorgeous-hope this helped some
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Admiral

hi, me again, there isn't a whole lot to do in Grand Caymen if you don't want to do a beach or snorkel with the rays except to wander around downtown, i don't know about bike tours because Grand Caymen is basically just a flat strip of land
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Admiral

My wife and daughter enjoyed a nice tour of Cozumel - which included some Mayan ruins and going to the Atlantic side of the island which is much different then the sheltered side. Coz might also be your husbands best shot at a bike tour.

Belize is supposed to have a nice zoo - though I've not been.

You have plenty of time to research each port, there is much to see on most of your stops. At least plan to get off the ship and do your own adventure.

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by; John Masefield
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014, 2016
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks. I finally sat my husband down to look at the different excursions. There are a few places that we can't seem to find anything. One place is Nassau but we have been there and I am fine just staying on the ship. The other problem we have at least right now is that I have a problem with walking and standing too long. My husband is not a shopper as well. If we can't find excursions to do we will either stay on the ship or just see what else we can do. I think I will start looking up the different places in guide books to see where things are.
tigercat
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Hello, when my wife and I visited ST. Thomas we took the island tour. We stopped at some scenic points and Blackbeards castle, afterwards they dropped us off in downtown St. Thomas, where we shopped and ate lunch. The ship's buses were sitting there to take people back to the ship. In San Juan we took a tour of the old fort; it was ok, threre are a few shops nearby where the ships dock. In Cozumel we just got off the ship grabbed a taxi and went downtown. We had lunch browsed around and went back to the ship. In Grand Cayman we went to 7 mile beach for the day; I know you don't like the beach so just take a tender to the shore; there are some shopping areas right in port; you can browse, have a cup of coffee and take tender back to the ship. Have not been to Roatan or Belize. Cheers
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds