Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2000, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Default Formal dress on the Triumph

Could anyone please tell me what kind of formal wear you are seeing on the Triumph? I have heard that people are not dressing very formal on this ship. I am going in Oct. and want to wear appropriate clothes. My husband wants to wear a tux and I have a long evening gown, not flashy, but formal. Could someone who has first hand knowledge of this ship please advise me what people are wearing? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2000, 09:05 PM
Mary Ellen Malone

Default RE: Formal dress on the Triumph

My daughter, girlfriend and I were on the Truimph on July 1st sailing, some of the men did wear tuxs, but most I saw were in suits or pants with tie and jacket, as for the women some did wear long dresses, but most wore nice black dresses, or just a nice outfit they would wear to a wedding. At my table, all of which were single women, three in there 50's two in their early 30's, two mid 20's and one ten year old, none of us wore gowns, just nice outfits, most of us wore black dresses or nice black slacks outfits. Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. Now planning on going on the Destiny to the Southern Caribbean in May with my daughter and her girlfried. Will wear the same outfit at that time. As for the second formal not as fancy as the first, I wore a short black outfit and did not feel out of place
Old August 25th, 2000, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Thanks Mary Ellen for the info! I am so excited about this cruise! Did you like the Triumph?
Old August 25th, 2000, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I agree, we call it "Country Club semi-Formal" it is dressy, but light and more celebratory. For the women the "Little black dress" is something of a staple. For men a suit and tie are fine - probably less that 20% in a tux.