Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2000, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Default Buffet lines

Is it my imagination that the buffet lines for breakfast are always held up because of the omlette station. If you want just some bacon and eggs, the line is very slow. I see no reason why this line shouldn't be continuously moving. I think the omlette station should not be on the same line. It should be another station across the way. Agree or Disagree?
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2000, 07:22 PM
Passenger

Default RE: Buffet lines

Mickey,
On all of the Carnival ships that I have been on the 'omlette' station has been separate from the rest of the buffet. I assume they do this just for the reason you state. Now on the Norway they made omlettes right there in the line and that held them up somewhat but with about five lines going it wasn't all that bad.
Jim/Robo
Old August 27th, 2000, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Mickey,
I totally agree, they should have the line move around the omlet station, so people not wishing for an omlet can get what they want and keep the line moving??
Don't you agree??

Donnassei/Sealover
Old August 28th, 2000, 07:24 PM
Passenger

...Ok, now you guys have me thinking??? Isn't the Omlette Station at the very end of the breakfast buffett line?? If you want an omlette, you just stay on the line, if not... just find a seat. Am I mistaken?
...Calm Seas and a Gentle Breeze ...Doug
Old August 31st, 2000, 08:02 PM
Debbie29

Last year on the Elation the omelet station was at the beginning of the line but if someone was standing waiting for their omelet and I just wanted French Toast and bacon I would walk around them and just get what I wanted and be on my way and they were usually still standing and waiting for their omelet. I saw no reason to stand behind them and wait. Is this rude? It worked for me.
Old August 31st, 2000, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Debbie,
Thats what I'd do, just go around them. No, its not being rude at all. Why wait in a line like that if you don't want an omlett??

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 3rd, 2000, 09:40 AM
Mary Ellen Malone

Was on the Truimph July 1, and most of the time had an omlette, it was at the end of the buffet line so I took the bacon, fruit and whatever else i wanted and continued on to the omlette, did not see that those having omlettes held up the line. The only ones that were kept waiting were those wanting omlettes, and they do have two different lines for the buffet and two omlette stations with two or three pans going at once, so in my opinion it went fast, never had to wait on either the omlette line or the buffet line, and the food was excellent.