Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2000, 06:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default winter weather

I am cruising on the Victory on December 17 to San Juan, St. Croix and St. Thomas. I was wondering if anyone who has been on a cruise in the winter could tell me how the weather is down there at that time of year? I live in Florida so I know it does not get cold but how cool does it get?
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2000, 10:43 PM
voyagerfl

Default RE: winter weather

It's hotter than florida...........
You are going even further into the Tropics.......Expect it to be hot and humid....
Although, If you are one of those Floridians that break out the winter jackets and gloves (don't laugh northern folk) at 65 degrees....you might want a sweater for the dining room.(Air conditioning)....or late at night on the deck......(breezy)
Old September 23rd, 2000, 04:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am one of those folks - I can't help it!! I grew up here! I think 50 is freezing - no laughing! Thanks.
Old September 23rd, 2000, 04:39 PM
thulewx

50 is a heat wave for us - it was down to 3 degrees above zero Farenheit two days ago - up to 18 above today. Of course that's normal for us - already have 4 inches of snow on the ground. Where do I live? Thule air Base, Greenland, near the North Pole. I'm leaving on vacation in 3 weeks to cruise with Carnival Victory, then QE2, the 2 back-to-back on Ocean Princess - I gotta thaw for a while ;-)