Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2000, 08:14 PM
First Mate

Default What tours on Cozumel ???

Has any one got any sugestions on what tours are worth the money . I have 2 teenagers. Also going to Grand Cayman.
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2000, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Default RE: What tours on Cozumel ???

Steve,

If you haven't checked it out yet, here is a link to Carnivals complete list of Off-Shore excursions. It includes a description of each one. The prices change slightly so they don't print them here. As soon as you get to your cabin, there will be a sheet that has all of these listed so you can make your decisions. Since we had chosen what we wanted beforehand using this link we were able to turn our request in early and we got all of our first choices.

http://www.carnival.com/tour/destina...re/default.asp

In Cozumel we went on the Beginners Scuba Diving Tour and it was wonderful and well worth the money. Although it doesn't list it in the text, when we were finished with the Scuba Gear they let us use the Snorkel gear at no extra charge so we went back in the water for another hour and took pictures with our underwater camera. Everyone we spoke to that took one of the other off-shore excursions enjoyed themselves too so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Just sit down with your kids and decide what you'd like to do now while you have plenty of time. You'll save yourselves arguing on the ship and the possibility of any bad feelings if you discuss it beforehand!

Good luck and have a terrific cruise !!
Old September 29th, 2000, 07:34 PM
alan bowers

just got back. i felt the fiesta party boat was waaayyyyy overrated. only got about one hoour fourty five minutes at beach which was crowded. would have had much better time if we had taken cab to playa del sol or Chakkanub(sp.) instead. a buch of people on the fiesta boat seemed to have a good time, but they were enjoying the free watered down margaritas and rum punch more than anything. catamaran looked like fun. four years ago we went to the mayan ruins at Tulum and loved it! it had a breathtaking view over the ocean and a small beach that you could briefly visit. i have since seen this view in many photos and commercials and have instantly recognized it each time. only thing is, its a liitle expensive(about $70 pp). yall have fun.
Old September 29th, 2000, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Steve,
Just make sure to go to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman with the kids, they will love it. Before you leave home though, buy an underwater camera, they charge double what you'll get it for before you leave. Have Fun.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 1st, 2000, 07:18 PM
Ug

Default Dolphin Swim Available in Cozumel

It's $120 US. and you book it on your own, ask me after Nov 5 and I'll tell ya what it's like.
Go to "http://www.dolphindiscovery.com" for all the info if interested.
Old October 2nd, 2000, 10:55 AM
Trudi

Default RE: Dolphin Swim Available in Cozumel

I just got back from Cozumel and my husband and I took a cab ride to Chankanaab Park and went snorkeling. The cab cost $8, which we split with another couple who were also going. If you rent snorkel equipment on board the ship, it's $10 per person, but the park only charges $5. It also costs $10 to go in the park. We had lots of fun snorkeling. This isn't a tour offered by the ship; you'll have to do it on your own!!! The ship does offer the dolphin encounter for $99, where you get to stand in the water and touch the dolphins, but you don't get to swim with them.
Old October 5th, 2000, 09:21 PM
First Mate

My wife and I went in June. Take a cab to Chakanub Park and rent snorkel equipment there. It works out cheaper than any of the snorkel tours and is alot more fun. No time pressure. It is a wonderful place to spend your day. I took some potato chips in my pockets when I went in the water and the fish would surround us. Remember to bring an underwater camera( buy 1 in the states, alot cheaper). Take the kids swimming with the sting rays in the Caymans. The Cockatoo tour, I felt was the best after I talked with others who took other tours. There are only about 25 people on a racing catamaran that actually uses it sails opposed to the others that are just aversized boats with lots of people crammed on it. We were there in between the big tours so it was like having the place to ourselves. Have fun
David