Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2001, 12:22 AM
Adie

Default Luggage questions

i was wondering if the amount of luggage allowed on a carnival cruise is limited to a certain number of bags? also, is the "checked" luggage actually searched, because we have locks on our luggage(and beer in them)!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2001, 03:41 AM
Angelo

Default Re: Luggage questions

I'm sure there's got to be a limit to how much luggage you can bring but not sure what the limit would be. Your beer is safe in your checked baggage, as long as there can and they don't get too warm. :-)
Old January 18th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Passenger

Luggage: The crusie line goes hand in hand with the air lines. Make sure that you use the tags that are given to you buy the cruise line and take any other tags off of your luggage!!! Some of the handlers aren't rocket sciencetists you know.
Old January 18th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

No limit on luggage. I would suggest you take the beer with you in a carry-on, as the handling is pretty rough. Mel
Old January 18th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

It will never make it carried on. They scan bags carried on and confiscate alcohol. They will give it back when you leave but that can make for a long week.
Old January 18th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Adie,
There really isn't a limit on luggage for the cruise, but if you are flying into the port, its the airlines that has the limits. Most of them allow you 2 check in pieces of luggage and 2 carry-on, which for the ladies also includes purses. When my husband and I cruise, we each have a large suitcase and then 1 garment bag to check and the allowed pieces of carry-on.

Have a great cruise!

Donnassei
Old January 19th, 2001, 09:31 AM
alesia

there is some lame advice from mel. Put it in your carry on and you won't see it again after they take it away until the last night of your cruise. Really if you don't know the answer don't say anything.
Old January 19th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Alesia,

I just answered from my experience. I had no trouble getting 2 six-packs of beer on board in my carry-on. Neither did about 20 other people on board that I spoke with. I guess you didn't try.
Mel
Old January 19th, 2001, 09:50 PM
RoboCop

There is no limit as far as I know but the porter may look at you funny if you have a truck pull up full of bags <G>. Just pack the stuff well and make sure you have plastic werapped around it as they do get jostled a good bit. They do not search your bags that you check. They do put those you carry on through a xray scanner. The only reason they would search your luggage is if those pretty dogs with the CUSTOMS or DEA patch on them find your bag irresistable. <G>
Jim
Old January 26th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Steve M.

Here a note for the future:

Try cruising with Royal Caribbean, they don't have this stupid alchol policy about taking your liquor from you. Plus the ships and service are much better. Having done both lines, the amount of "fun" are the same, age wise its the same people. Give Royal a try, you'll find its often cheaper and you'll receive a higher standard of service Carnival can't deliever.

Steve..
Old February 3rd, 2001, 10:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cruise lines dont usually have a limit on baggage, its the airlines. As far as liquor...you are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages of any kind on board the ship for consumption. Your luggage is scanned by the airlines when you check it in as well as carry on luggage. They may say something about it. Luggage is not searched/sniffed until after the cruise and that is done by Customs.