Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:43 PM
Debbie in MS

Default New ship CONQUEST to New Orleans in Nov. 2002!!!!!

I'm so excited because my TA (from Metarie- sp?suburb of New Orleans) just e-mailed me that Carnival announced this morning that their new ship CONQUEST (3400 passengers) will be permanently located in New Orleans beginning in Nov. 2002! I'll have a BIG ship we can drive toThe Inspiration (now sailing from New Orleans) will be moved to a Tampa sailing, but still visit New Orleans weekly. I've been on the Destiny and am booked for the 8/4/01 sailing on the Triumph, and now hope to convince hubby to book the CONQUEST! (See post on Cruise Critic about Triumph sailing! We'd love to hear from cruisers sailing on this date!) RCCL is doing six special sailings out of New Orleans on the Rahpsody in 2002. We're already booked on the 3/9.2002 sailing for that, so hubby may not be ready to book a 3rd cruise right now!
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2001, 02:42 PM
First Mate

Default Re: New ship CONQUEST to New Orleans in Nov. 2002!

Debbie,

That is exciting news!!! However, do you know where the Inspiration will be going and for how many days from Tampa? If you do, thank you in advance for letting us know.
Old June 22nd, 2001, 03:53 PM
NJmatt

What a great shot in the arm for tourism to New Orleans,two great destinations for a vacation!
Old June 25th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Nick Kozloff

WOW, I thought sailing on the Triumph was huge, I couldn't imagine 3,400 people, sounds exciting!!
Old June 25th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

To me it sounds too crowded. After being on the Triumph, I decided that class of ship is too big for me. However after only being home a week, my memory must be short, because when I heard the Conquest is going to be sailing out of New Orleans, which is only 3.5 drive for me...I got very excited. A few more people in exchange for no airfare or no long drive? I think I can deal with it..
Old July 12th, 2001, 10:13 PM
Izzy Bee

My husband and I and my 22 year old daughter and her roommate have booked on the Conquest for her maiden voyage leaving out of NO the Wednesday before Thanksgiving!! It will be for a 4 day cruise stopping for one day in Cozumel! This will be one Thankgiving I won't have to worry about making in-laws madder at me!!!! We are driving from Pearl, Mississippi and can't wait!!