Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Amanda - Houston

Default Can you get Sail & Sign Cards per person?

I was thinking of putting so much on each kids card. Is this possible? Thanks, Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2001, 02:27 PM
Len

Default Re: Can you get Sail & Sign Cards per person?

You can get separate cards with a "fixed" monetary amount on each. When you say "kids" how old do you mean? I just checked-in with my credit card, but it did say to have your sail & sign activated at the Pursers Desk if using cash.
Old September 4th, 2001, 02:50 PM
First Mate

Each person in the cabin gets a Sign & Sail card w/his or her name on it (its your cabin key), you basically put a credit card or cash on it for whatever amount you want. You would supply this info at check in prior to getting your cards, but if you choose to use cash you'd have to go to the pursers office to put down cash against the card. Each card has its own Folio# on it. This way you can tell who charged what on the account. I'm not sure if you can put different amounts on each card or not. I really wouldnt see why you couldnt as each card has its own number. Its my understanding the cards (w/all the Folio #'s) are charged to one cabin and on the same statement.

The card is your cabin key (and charge card) so if any of you loose it, go immediately to the pursers desk so that tehy can cancel that card and issue another one. This card is your charge card while on board. You can use it to make purchases in the gift shop, bars, lounges, shore excursions, photographs, etc. There's basically no place on the ship where cash is accepted (except for Bingo). Should you need to add more money to the cards you can at the pursers office.

Depending on how old the kids are you may not want to allow them to make purchases w/the card. I dont see where they would need it except to purchase soda's or mabie to purchase something in the gift shop. There are soda cards and they vary in price depending the length of the cruise (7 days was $19.) But dont invest in teh card unless your children drink alot of sodas. Soda's can be purchases @ $2.00 for a 20 oz bottle. So its up to you.

Have a wonderful time!!!
Old September 4th, 2001, 03:15 PM
Amanda - Houston

Default The kids are teenagers (2 age 16, 2 age 18) all mi

Would like to give them some extra spending money but want to limit it and don't want them to be able to spend each others money. We have two kids to a room. We have our own room. What about the Arcade? Can they use cash? I knew about the soda's and plan on buying them. We could always do something different. I just wanted them to have some freedom to spend if they wanted.
Old September 4th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Len

Depends on the ship as far as the sail & sign card used as the room key. On the Fascination you had a key card for cabin entry and the sail & sign was only used for the in room safe and charges. Just an FYI.
Old September 4th, 2001, 11:25 PM
Yeoman

The arcade is strictly cash so don't worry about them running up their card there.