I am scheduled to cruise on the Carnival Paradise Sunday 9/16/01. I live in Ohio and have a late flight scheduled for Saturday 9/15/01 to Miami. I am getting really worried that I will not make it to the Miami port in time. Things are getting close and no one can give me any definiate answers (airlines and carnival). Is anyone in this same situation?
This will be my first cruise and I have been looking forward to it for a looooong time.
Unfortuantely at this time the airline schedules are still pretty much a guess. I feel like flights will be flying Friday in most places but it is hard to say for sure what all the backup is going to be getting everything back on schedule. Just keep in touch with your air carrier and hope that everything gets back to some degree of normalcy soon.
wow, i bet you are getting worried. set up a second plan. figure out how long it will take you to drive the distance.nbc news just annouced it may release airlines by friday morning. and they did say maybe ! so, if all else fails, drive it. thats what i would do. best of luck to you
I disagree with David...I would not drive it...if flights do not start getting out til Friday or Saturday, the cruise lines will give you credit. They will have to. You and about 90% of the other cruisers are in the same boat (no pun intended). I am flying out on Friday morning(or am supposed to), but I would not drive for 20 hours to get down to Miami to have them tell me that they are cancelling the sailing due to the number of people who could not make it to the port...hang in there...I am in the same spot as you...except I am on Royal Caribbean...
We too, are worried. We are to cruise on the Triumph this Saturday. There's no way one could drive the way gas prices are going up, and as was stated, you could get there to find it was cancelled. I'm just praying. For the families, for the victims and for all of us that have to live with the memory of that day. God bless!
I agree....paying that much money for a stressfree and relaxing vacation doesn't include driving for me...i would definately re-book another time if presented the same problem.I am on Triumph next weekend and pray that things will be ok...I need a cruise bad !!!God Bless America !!!
As long as you know the ship is leaving, i would drive also. Don't look at the drive as stressful and hard to do. Know that there will be something at the end of that driving rainbow. I guess it's all how you look at things.....after all you already have the time off......
I am in the same situation Angie, I am schedule to flight to Puerto Rico be there for 2 days, then go on the cruise on Sept.16.01, it is also my first cruise I was excited until all this tragedy occured. The cruise line advised me that I have to make all efforts to arrive to either the Puerto Rico port or the St.Thomas port before they will consider rescheduling or issueing a refund. Could you believe this!!!
I'm having the same experience and have posted as such in separate threads. I'm supposed to leave on the Triumph this Saturday, 9/15, as well. I would rather re-book or get some sort of credit (really not feeling like going on a cruise with all the tragedies that happened this week) and so far, Carnival is not sympathetic to my wishes. They are saying I will be assessed the full penalty if I cancel right now (no option to rebook or have credit). Both my travel agent and I have had several conversations with Carnival regarding this today and they have not changed their position. I just discovered a little while ago my flight to Miami was cancelled, and none are currently scheduled to go (I'm flying from San Francisco); now, I have to submit a request in writing to Carnival, so they can review and decide if I should get a refund. The customer service rep. at United was mortified by this as well, and attempted to call Carnival, but they were already closed.
Let me know what happens with you. I'm hoping that by tomorrow, Carnival will realize how ridiculous they are being and be a bit more accommodating.