Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Infants

I know some lines charge for infants (under 2) and some do not. Anyone know what Carnival's policy is?
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2001, 04:31 PM
Linda T.

Default Re: Infants

I think under 2 is free except for port taxes.
Old October 29th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think they are going to enforce a new rule. Any child under 6 is 2500.00. Maybe then people will leave there infants at home where they belong. They sure dont belong on a cruise ship. Over and over again people bring this up. Get real!!!!!!
Old October 29th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Matt

Ok caveman, you're right. Cruiseships aren't for families. In fact, I think most of them are now saying so in their ads - 'Please don't bring your families on our ships - God forbid, they might choke on all the smoke or run into drunks like the distinguished Mr. Pipefit'. In fact, I know I've seen Carnival and other lines say that in print and television ads. I'm sure you keep telling yourself this should be a reality as well. RRRRRRRRTTT. Sorry, wrong answer.

Just because you do not enjoy children or families, do not assume for one second that you are in the majority.
Old October 29th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Admiral

very touchy subject here. I have to admit, I never saw a good reason to have an infant on a cruise unless there was no granny or trusted friend to watch the baby.
Semper Fi
Rick
Old October 29th, 2001, 06:44 PM
First Mate

Carnival does charge the third person rate for an infant. The only cruiselines that do not charge (but do charge port taxes) for an infant under two are NCL and Disney.
Old October 29th, 2001, 09:17 PM
Jamine

As Judy said, Carnival does charge the regular third person rate for an infant. We took our son on a five-day cruise out of Charleston last October when he was nine months old. It was wonderful. We're going on the Destiny (Dutch Treat) in January for his second birthday and to Bermuda on the Triumph in May.

You didn't say how old your child would be, but I'd be happy to e-mail you a copy of my infant packing list and cruising tips if that would be helpful in planning and/or making your decision. If you'd like to see pictures from that trip, his web page is still up (www7.50megs.com/jamine/benjamin's_first_cruise.htm).

Don't let the nay-sayers get you too riled up. They come out every time anyone mentions taking a baby on a cruise on any of these boards. The only things that create more debate are formalwear and chair-saving. Just ignore them and enjoy your vacation with your little one.