Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2001, 08:47 PM
First Mate
Default Carnival Customer Service

I called the 1-800-CARNIVAL number to order a video. The person, who wasn't rude, did not seem enthuisastic about the whole process. Also, there was an annoying echo in the phone line. Is this common for Carnival, or did I just get a bad apple, or was it that I called at 7:30 p.m. (Denver time) on a Friday?
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2001, 09:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to LifeIsCruising
Default Re: Carnival Customer Service

Save the money, the video is like a long commercial.
Old November 13th, 2001, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Most travel agencies have videos you can watch at their office or if you have a "steady" agent, they will let you take a video home to view for a few days. If you ordered the newest Carnival video with featuring Kathie Lee Gifford (and her "wonderful" singing)....trust me, you're going to want to bring it on your next cruise and toss it off the side of the ship!
Old November 14th, 2001, 10:12 PM

........Yes, I agree the videos with Kathy Lee have that "tacky" quality, but they
do give you a good glimpse of the ship you'll be on, and it will stimulate that

Old November 23rd, 2001, 08:16 PM

what in blue blazes do you expect fom minimum wage +$0.50/ hour emplyees?
What do you get at your local McDonalds, Burger King, and Boston Market? My youngest worked at Boston Market as a regular basic employee, key employee, and assistant manager thru colllege. Her top rate ws $7.50/hour. Does the average hourly employee care? FAT CHANCE! Can the average employee make change from a $20 let alone a $50? FAT CHANCE! By the way, she now teaches 3d grade, and between clas time, grading, and lesson planning probably earns $0.50/hour LESS than Boston Market, but she does get health insurance and a retierment plan. This cost me about $45,000 for her basic bachelors degree at an in-state school. Don't ask about the oldest with out of state tuition and expenses for her bachelors, and a masters degree at University of Chicago at over $35,000/year tuition only!

carnival, costumer, customer, hours, service