Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2001, 02:18 AM
meemo

Default Need ideas on giving a cruise for christmas

Will you all put on your thinking caps and help me? I bought a cruise for me and my husband for our anniversary in February on the Inspiration that I plan on giving him for Christmas. I'm trying to think of a novel idea of how to present it to him...in a stocking with the itinerary and the tickets?? in a gift box? wrap a box of dramamine and make him guess?? Any good ideas out there ?

I appreciate any input anyone has, I'm stumped!

thanks

maureen
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Need ideas on giving a cruise for christmas

Hi Maureen,
Gosh, this will be fun for your husband, kind of like the stocking idea. How about picking up a little toy boat and wrap that up and have him guess??? I'm sure some others will come up with some ideas too, just hand in there, just be sure to tell us exactly what you end up doing, OK?

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 19th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Admiral

We are giving the "cruise" gift to our kids this year on Christmas morning as well. We leave on the 29th and so far, it will be a complete surprise to them. Here is what we have planned. We filled a box with items that they will need to cruise with (and to help keep me organized), such as bath kits, a bathing suit or 2, water shoes, sunglasses, suntan lotion, tanning salon gift certificates for the older ones, etc. All the stuff that we could find on sale and still available even though it is the dead of winter....... all individually wrapped. We put it all in a box and before we closed the lid, we laid a Carnival brochure and picture of the ship right on top. It's wrapped with a huge red bow and tagged with all their names. My husband plans on switching the music CD from our traditional "Christmas with Barry Manilow" to "Reggea with Bob Marley" while they are tearing the box open. We also will be wearing some "island" outfits under our abligatory winter bathrobes to really set the tone for them. We can't wait to see their faces! This may be the one and only time that Mom and Dad will actually have succeeded at doing the "cool" thing.

However you do it...............make sure you record his reaction since it is sure to be a special moment for you both. Good Luck!
Old December 19th, 2001, 05:39 PM
First Mate

When are you going? I am taking my wife on the Inspiration in January for our anniversary as well.
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:08 AM
meemo

Hi Mike,

We're going in February. Taking the 2/17 sailing
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:10 AM
meemo

WOW! Sounds like you have all the bases covered You have given me some great ideas. I'll be sure to do a follow up after Christmas - Let us know how yours went ...

Merry Christmas!

maureen
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:13 AM
meemo

I like the toy boat idea....I wonder if I have one of my old carnival trophys somewhere
Old December 21st, 2001, 09:39 AM
First Mate

You've been getting some great ideas. I booked a short cruise to Nassau for my husband as a Christmas gift because the last time we were there I insisted on taking a particular tour that caused us to miss being able to get to a restaurant and have some guava duff, which greatly disappointed him. So I printed out a guava duff recipe and a menu from the restaurant (from their website) including guava duff, rolled them up and tied them with a ribbon. Also bought a little boat and put that in a box, then wrapped the box with some paper on which I pasted the itinerary, a photo of the ship, and a photo of the cabin in our category. Then I put all of that into a large box and wrapped that with some fancy wrapping.