Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Vicki C

Default Internet on board Ship

We were on the Pride on 2/2/02. They had a into to their Internet the first day. It was something like 20 minutes free. Check out the Carnival Capers for the exact details. We didn't see it in time so did not get to use it, some people we met told us about it.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Internet on board Ship

Hi Vicki,

I would like to add a note to this. I bought one of the package, a smaller one from the unlimited and because of how slow it is I ran out of time. Also you are charged for min. even when the satelite is down and trust me, it was down a lot.

I was completely dissatisfied with this service. It is inexcusable for them to charge so much and the service not work at top performance.

Michelle
Old February 25th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Hollie

I didn't personally try the internet service but my aunt did to keep in touch with her business and she loved it. Once it was slow and she got off and tried later and it worked great. However a lot of people were talking about the unlimited service for like $99 and they even advertised that the first day or so in the capers but for some reason they no longer offer that package, at least not when we went feb. 02.

Toodles
HOLLIE
Old February 26th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Judy and Steve

For what it's worth...
We sailed on the Paradise 27 January 2002. Bought the $99 package. NEVER ever had a problem. The system manager was great.
We are going again in April and hope to be able to buy the same unlimited package. For me, it was a lifesaver. I was able to contact son, doctor, travel agent, etc. I hope it is still available on Paradise.
The unlimited package just made so much more sense for us than the by-the-minute. That .75 per minute adds up real fast.
--Judy
Old February 26th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Yeoman

I had a horrible time with it. Hated it and the manager of the library was very unaccomodating. I work on the Internet for an online publisher and deal with every type of IT out there. I wasn't the only one, I spoke with several people that had complained. Glad it worked for your aunt.
Old February 28th, 2002, 12:16 PM
First Mate

We sailed on the Inspiration in Feb. I used the internet cafe everyday just to check my e-mail and check in with the kids at home. I didn't buy a package but just paid the 75 cents and ended up spending about $48.00. So I guess it would of been worth it to buy one of the package deals. I never had a problem getting on and the only time it was crowded was the first night when it was free.
Have fun!