Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2002, 04:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default garment bag??

hi all,

i was wondering if anyone has brought their garmnet bag on as a carry on?? i am thinking of putting one outfit for each of us for the first nite, in case our luggage doesn't get there in time for dinnner, and how many bags can you bring on as carry ons?? any input would be great
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2002, 05:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: garment bag??

How many bags can you carry?

With our family of five, we've carried on quit a bit with only ourselves to blame. I've even used a luggage cart to help haul things up to the ship with no problems other than the stairs in the boarding area.

"Dressing" for dinner on the first night? Its usually pretty casual first night. My family wants to make sure that they the have the swim suits not dinner attire.

I'm sure you'll have fun and find your luggage before dinner with no problems. Besides its a great way to break the ice if you're there in swim attire.

Richard.
Old March 1st, 2002, 05:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

thks, i was def. bringing our bathing suits, i just didn't want them to go to the dining room with shorts, and i will only have 2 bags that we will bring on board oh yeah and a diaper bag, but being a mom of 4 sons i can prob carry them all myself he he he but hubby will help lolol
Old March 3rd, 2002, 01:37 PM
Passenger

I called Carnival on Thrusday with that questions and was told your carry on can be on bigger than 11 X 17. So I quess each family member could have one this size or smaller. The rest of your luggage would be delivered to your room door several hours later.
Happy Sailing!!!
Old March 6th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Patty, with the new security and size regulations at the Port, I would not plan on carrying on the Garment Bag. Are your kids each taking a BackPac like most kids do? Let them carry a pair of slacks and polo shirt as well as the swim suit or shorts. Put each set including a change of underwear in a zip lock plastic bag which will help prevent wrinkles. Also, depending on which ship you are sailing and from where, you will probably have your luggage before your dinner seating, too. We arrived at Port Canaveral at 1 p.m. and had our luggage at 3 p.m. Departure was supposed to be at 4 p.m. When we boarded the Mears transfer bus all luggage (including garment and duffles bags) had to go undernerth the bus. We were not given the option of retrieving any baggage to carry on.
Bon Voyage