Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2002, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Pride

This is our first cruise. We are sailing on the Pride July 27. Two children with us 15 and 11. Enough to do on the ship to keep them occupied? Little nervous about sea sickness. Any comments?
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2002, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Carnival Pride

Janette,
With the ships size these days its not that noticeable that you are even on one, unless its unusually rough, which isn't that common in the CAribbean. I always buy some bonnine at my local pharmacy before any cruises, just in case and so far I've never had to take it.

There are lots of daily activities on ships for both kids and adults, I'm sure you kids will find others their age and have a ball, especially during a school break, lots of kids, so don't worry about them being bored.

Here is a link to some good tips for a first cruise:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 1st, 2002, 08:58 PM
Passenger

We sailed on the Pride on January 12th with our 14-year old son. First, I had read a lot about this ship rocking and rolling. I went prepared with Bonine, but didn't need it, because we felt very little movement. Our son had a blast!! And considering the time of year we sailed in, there were only 21 children on board ship between the ages of 12-15. But everynight after dinner, they hit the video arcade, then went to the disco which was for 12-15 year olds only from 9:30-10:45. Then the youth counselor took them into the Raphael Room where they played music, board games, card games, etc. Around 11:30, the youth counselor took the kids up to the Mermaid Grille for pizza and calzones and ice cream, and they hung out there until 12:30 a.m. I'm sure your children will have a great time!! I don't know that it's even possible to be bored on a cruise ship!!
Old March 1st, 2002, 11:08 PM
Yeoman

Hey! I'm going on the Carnival Pride cruise on July 27.I'm 15 years old, and I read that you're taking your children, which are my age. I would like to chat with them=) If they want, my email/screen name is Mickey0712@aol.com
~Michelle
Old March 3rd, 2002, 08:41 PM
Susan Dunn

TUOKYILOI
Old March 4th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Admiral

You and your kids should have a great time on the Pride. Last week there were more than 300 kids on board. Those Camp Carnival counselors must have really kept them busy because we had no idea there were so many. Encourage them to participate in the age appropriate groups, too. Set rules but give them space. Carnival rents walkie talkies to stay in touch! Most parents said these worked out great. Buy Soda cards for the kids, so they don't constantly have charges accessed to the sign & sail account. They will love the water slide and the variety of pool areas and the Virtual Reality center. Many adults were having a good time in there too. Plan land tours so everyone gets to do something special. Let them help plan your days at port, but don't try to do it all. A tour in the morning and taxi to a beach in the afternoon works out well.
bon Voyage
Old March 6th, 2002, 02:56 AM
kym

I can't help with the teens as mine as little guys, though there looked like stuff to do for them. I am a diver and recommend Bonine for sea sickness. These are small pink chewable tablets that last 12 hours. You shouldn't need any depending on the ship, but it sure is nice to have in case you do. The ship supplies free motion sickness pill through the doc office. I recommend the Bonine. Happy cruising!