Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Tetra

Default 12:20 plane

We are sailing out of Miami. Our boat is scheduled to dock at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. Will we have trouble making a 12:20 plane at the Miami airport. I was wondering with having to get to the airport 2 hours ahead of schedule if that flight will be too early.
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: 12:20 plane

Just let the Purser's desk know early on that you have an early flight, and you should be just fine! Anything after 12 noon is generally pretty safe.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 21st, 2002, 10:23 AM
ehogan

If you have an alternative, I'd re-consider booking a flight as early as 12:20.

We were on the Elation (out of LA) on Jan 27 and the ship did not begin disembarking passengers until about 10 AM. While they did not tell us why the process did not begin until so late, the word was it was either because of passengers who still had not settled their onboard accounts or customs/immigration hold ups.

I do know that the passengers who were gathered with us (we were going on a tour) and who had flights prior to 1 P.M. were quite worried about whether or not they would be able to catch their flights.

A flight that early doesn't leave much room for problems.
Old March 21st, 2002, 10:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

we had a 12:40 flight out. Just let the pursers desk know. (they will have a meeting on this the night before).. you have to show them proof that your flight leaves earlier .. we were able to get our tags changed.. so we were with the first group to get off.. As soon as you get your luggage.. do not take the ships van back to the airport.. we got a taxi and we didn't have to wait for a group to get on and to get all the luggage.. It will cost $18.00 from airport to seaport and also $ 18 for the reverse.. if you go to a hotel first.. like if you arrive a day earlier.. it will be around $20 - 22. You must leave sometime.. some foreigners might not show up on time.. they go first.. if there are problems .. they do not let the others go. You should be fine.. remember to pack as much stuff going back home.. it will eliminate hassels going through security at the airport. They spot check.
Old March 22nd, 2002, 05:00 AM
Len

It will be a 'close call' but it is still possible to make the flight. I had a 12:45 flight out of MCO after our Pride cruise. Make sure you get the VIP disembarkation tags. If I had NOT gotten them I would have missed the flight! There was a delay in customs clearing the ship and even though I was the first group off it was late! If everything goes smooth you should be at the airport with some time to spare.