Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Gaines

Default roll call Paradise 6/16/02

Lets here it out there!! Only 42 more days to go!
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Tetra

Default Re: roll call Paradise 6/16/02

We're going on that cruise too. I have my countdown counter going on my computer.
Old May 6th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Gaines

Tetra, I guess we will have the ship all to ourselves.
Old May 6th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Tetra

Isn't it strange how some ships people reply to. Wouldn't it be fun to have the run of the ship and be waited on by all the staff. My husband and I are really looking forward to our 7 days.
Old May 6th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Gaines

Yes it is, we are really looking forward toit as well. My wife and I will have my two daughters with us. They have never been on a cruise and I do spoil them during the summer when I have them. They are 13 and 17 and since we all scuba dive thats what we will be doing at all three ports. They are really looking forward to diving in some crystal clear water for a change.
Old May 6th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Tetra

We probably won't scuba dive except at Stingray City. My husband is not a swimmer, so we will be waving from the beach. We will be enjoying all the other wonderful things that you can do in the Western Carribean. We are excited about Tulum.
Old May 6th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Gaines

We have not done Tulum on our previous cruises, but we did do Xcaret. I would highly recommend that excursion as it does not take nearly as long to get there. We did stingray city and it is awesome! The water is only 4-5 feet deep so why they call it a snorkle trip is beyond me.
Old May 8th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

My wife and I are booked aboard the Paradise June 16-23 also. This will be only our second cruise, the first being only 4 days out of Athens. This will be our first into the Carribean. We are both looking forward to snorkeling in Ochos Rios and Cozumel. Are there any others out there that would like to see what we can do as far as an excursion apart from what Carnival offers? I've also heard that shopping in Cozumel is fun.
Looking forware to a Great Time!
Old May 8th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Gaines

Hi Sandy, we are doing all of our excursions outside the ship. We are scuba diving at all the stops and have already booked our diving in Cozumel, have decided to dive on our own in Cayman with Eden Rock dive shop right on the beach. Shore diving is free there, as is snorkling. Just have to rent equipment for those who don't have it. In jamaica I have made some enquiries as to doing a dive outside the ships excursions to avoid the "cattle call" and save a few bucks. In Cayman they want $82 a person plus gear rental if needed. Big difference from just renting the gear for about $20 huh? Plus Eden Rock dive shop is only a 5 minute walk from the tender drop off so no huge rush to get there.
Old May 9th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: roll call Paradise 6/16/02

Thanks for the info, Gaines...
Sounds like a great time. Counting the days!
Can you or anyone tell me what time Carnival allows you to board on Sunday , June 16th.
I know they depart at 4pm, but was just wondering about the board time.

Thanks
Old May 9th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Gaines

I think they start boarding right around noon, which is when you will find me there as we will be driving into Miami from Orlando.