Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2002, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra
Default shore tours-Western Caribbean

Does anyone have a list of shore tours prices for Cozumel, Ocho Rios, and/or Grand Caymen. Would like to get some idea of cost for planning. I have the shore tours....just not $$
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2002, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Jessica
Default Re: shore tours-Western Caribbean

In Cozumel you can rent a car for 40 + 10 liability ins (stick shift bug) then you can do everything on your own for much less. the tours were generally 79 per person and my husband and I spent 50 on the car 30 on horseback riding (we bargained for that price but it worked norm 50) and saw ruins for free and snorkeled for 20 for both in the park that is there. It is very easy to get around and Cozumel and the tours are a waste of money. However take the tour in Beliz and Progresso. It is not a waste in those. If the place is undeveloped take the tour if it is developed you generally can get around on your own.
Old June 2nd, 2002, 10:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Cassandra

My wife and I will be aboard the Paradise, June 16th. It makes the same stops you have inquired about, so maybe you are on the same.

After reading alot of the reviews on this forum, we've decided to do some of the private excursions, instead of the ones with Carnival.
I hear that Cozumel has great snorkeling, so will try to book with one once we are on shore.
We've already booked with Capt. Marvin's at Grand Cayman as it was recommended highly. For a half day, we will pay $40.00 each, including lunch.

Not sure yet about Ochos Rios, but may forgo the trip to the falls, as I understand its a mass of people. May just try to shop or more snorkeling.

Am really looking forward to this trip.... It should be fun!
Old June 3rd, 2002, 02:11 AM
First Mate

Cassandra,

Don't know which cruise lines you are going on, but here are a list of shore tours on the Carnival site...

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreTours/Default.asp

Happy Cruising!
Old June 3rd, 2002, 09:16 AM
Beginner

We are cruising to Western end of July - 1st time with family of four. We are going with Captain Marvins (highly recommended) in Cayman for snorkeling and stingray tour (see www.captainmarvins.com. In ocho Rios, Peat Taylor tours was highly recommended for Dunn's water falls. He does a 4 1/2 hour tour and is flexible as to what your group wants to do and see. Web address is oneiltay@cwjamaica.com. We can't wait to go!
Old June 3rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: shore tours-Western Caribbean

let me know how captain marv is. Is that the stingray snorkeling. Sandy wrote:

> Cassandra
>
> My wife and I will be aboard the Paradise, June 16th. It
> makes the same stops you have inquired about, so maybe you are
> on the same.
>
> After reading alot of the reviews on this forum, we've
> decided to do some of the private excursions, instead of the
> ones with Carnival.
> I hear that Cozumel has great snorkeling, so will try to book
> with one once we are on shore.
> We've already booked with Capt. Marvin's at Grand Cayman as
> it was recommended highly. For a half day, we will pay $40.00
> each, including lunch.
>
> Not sure yet about Ochos Rios, but may forgo the trip to the
> falls, as I understand its a mass of people. May just try to
> shop or more snorkeling.
>
> Am really looking forward to this trip.... It should be
> fun!
Old June 3rd, 2002, 12:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: shore tours-Western Caribbean

Will let you know how it is.
Yes, I do believe this tour has a stop to swim and feed the sting rays.

If you want to check him out, I believe his website is: www.captainmarvins.com
Old June 4th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: shore tours-Western Caribbean

i used capt. marvins last oct and had a great time, you will be glad you did when you see all those people onboard the carnival boats
Old June 4th, 2002, 07:51 PM
angel

Carnival can fax a list or tell you how much the tours cost...Angel
Old June 8th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Passenger

Default Western Caribbean - Carnival

We returned from Paradise's West Caribbean in May. We loved the Grand Cayman's with Captain Marvin. They were the highlight of our week with very professional operations and uncrowded snorkeling - not to mention the stingrays, which we got to hand feed. Marvin's site can be found at http://www.captainmarvins.com/

In Cozumel, many say to do your own thing. You are there long enough to enjoy a full day tour as well as time for shopping and eating on your own later in the day. We found Flash Adventure's Arrecifus tour to be just right (if you enjoy snorkeling). Their site is http://www.cozumel.to/snorkel.html . Eduardo was a superb guide and host. We stopped at four different locations with spectacular views.

We used Peat Taylor in Ocho Rios. I can recommend his services for a full sort of "behind the scenes" tour of town and transportation to Dunns River Falls. We arrived a day after their huge flash flooding. Peat made the most of our tour, as best he could. Fern Gully was washed out. He was in constant contact with his sources around the area to confirm road blocks, etc. We felt safe in his bus. Even though you may feel "crowded" at the Falls, they are a once in a lifetime experience. Half way up my wife asked, "Are we quitting?" I said, "No way - All the way up!" And this was with rushing waters from the flooding up to our waste at times.

Whatever you decide , planning ahead with or without Carnival is best. Lines for excursions were always the longest at the front desk. Enjoy!