Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2002, 04:56 PM
Passenger

Default Check in for non US citizens

Hi all! And thanks for reading. I am an alien resident (with green card) and have a valid mexican passport (live in San Francisco) and will be sailing on the Pride in july. My question is, I heard that there is a different line to check in for the ship for non us citizens, that is ok with me but my husband IS a us citizen, can we check in together in the non citizens line? Any experiences with this? Also, will they keep my mexican passport until the end of the trip, as well as my green card? Just curious since they are very important documents for me, a little worried they could get lost.
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2002, 12:27 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Check in for non US citizens

I remember hearing last week that passports were kept fon non-US residents. I think it might be to entice you to do the early paperwork on before disembarking. It was made very clear that all non-US residents had to report to a certain area at 6:15 a.m. on the last day. No one was allowed off the ship until all non-residents had cleared customs.
Old June 24th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Check in for non US citizens

My husband cruises with a green card and they keep it from check-in at embarkation until we go through Immigration at the end of the cruise. This is standard and we have never had a problem. He doesn't have a Mexican passport but a cedula matricular that identifies him as a Mexican national and a US resident. Does anyone know if we can cruise to Fanning Island and Canada with this? We have only cruised to the Caribbean and have never had a problem. I have investigated at immigration sites and this particular issue isn't addressed. Thanks
Old June 24th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Check in for non US citizens

Hello Rami, I strongly suggest that your husband gets his mexican passport at the mexican consulate closest to him, that is what I did because the immigration officers do not recognize the cedulas as they should, they want to see a passport specially nowadays. You shouldn't have any problem traveling outside the US with that. Thanks for your comments, they're very helpull for me too since it is the first time I'm going to travel outside the US. Thanks to Julie too, you all are great.
Old July 3rd, 2002, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Check in for non US citizens

Does anyone have more comments? Thank you.