Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Samuel Yeager

Default Honeymoon!

I just booked a cruise on the Carnival Conquest. It is going to be a honeymoon to be exact. We will be sailing on 6/1/2003 on a 7 night w. caribbean trip from New Orleans,La. My questions that I have are as follows. Is a cruise a good honeymoon? Also, I booked a suite with a private balcony. Is the suites really good rooms? And is there plenty of intimate places on the ship for romancing. I do realize that no one really knows to much about the Conquest, but I am interested in cruisers information on other ships and honeymoon cruisers. By the way, I am 23 yrs old, and she is 22 yrs old.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Honeymoon!

My husband and I took a cruise for our honeymoon and it was great! It is all what you make of it. I think there are plenty of romantic opportunities along with plenty of fun opportunities. We were 21 and 24 at the time (23 and 26 now) so the age group is about the same.
A balcony should be great. We have never had one, just inside and oceanview.

Have a great time.
Old June 25th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Honeymoon!

Hi Sam,
I honestly can't think of a better honeymoon. The cabin you have sounds wonderful and it will be great to enjoy the balcony both late at night and coffee there first thing in the AM. You will find there will be other honeymoon couples onboard too, they will usually have some kinds of get togethers for you all. One of the nicest things about cruising is you can do nothing if you wish or be very busy between the port stops and the activities onboard, so plan your days the way you want.

As for romantic places, there are bound to be a few, just look for them and have a great time and congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 26th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Honeymoon!

A cruise is a great way to honeymoon, as long as you stay away from NCL. They seemed to make every effort to ruin our honeymoon. We still cruise, but avoid them like the plague.
Old June 28th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Marlo

I celebrated my honeymoon in October 2000 on the Destiny. I spent the first week in Puerto Rico and the second week aboard her for a southern carib cruise. Carnival really didn't have any specific things for honeymooners. They do have a couple and lovers party. But anyone can go to that. I did get a lot of neat stuff sent to my cabin, like a fruit basket and champagne. Don't forget to mention to your waiter that you are celebrating your honeymoon. They will sing to you and give you a cake. Also request a table for two at dinner. I also had a balcony and it is romantic watching the sunset. Have a great time!!
Old July 6th, 2002, 10:58 AM
First Mate

Hi..I am 16..but trust me..there are LOTS of romantic places on the ship..even if its just a late night walk on the deck while everybody else is in the shows...its romantic..places get dark..like out on deck at night..and the moon seems to hang right over the water..enjoy!!