CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Found my cabin through Kelly method (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/189791-found-my-cabin-through-kelly-method.html)

Lauralord January 7th, 2003 09:42 AM

Found my cabin through Kelly method

I used the Kelly method to find my cabin, and was upgraded a little. I was wondering if anyone has used this method and found that they ended up being bumped down. I'd be disappointed if this happened the day of the cruise (Jan 18-Pride). Thanks, in advance, for any responses.

Betty Jo Morgan January 20th, 2003 05:30 PM

Re: Found my cabin through Kelly method

I keep reading about the Kelly method. Can you explain what that is please. Thanks

BrianY January 20th, 2003 05:59 PM

What is the Kelly method? How can I get an upgrade?

bubbyande January 20th, 2003 06:45 PM

They have a post that describes the kelly method a little down the line. I was wondering do alot of people get upgrades and if they do how good are they? I booked my cruise today (yyyyyyaaayyyyyyyy!!!!) and I have a balcony cabin (could I have the possibility of being upgraded)?

Georges January 20th, 2003 08:22 PM

Re: Re: Found my cabin through Kelly method

We found our cabin (guarantee ^A category) on Conquest through Kelly method with no upgrade (yet!) . Read on another board that they got upgraded and then found out at port that they got bumped down again to the cabin category they had originally booked...so I guess you ccannot be guaranteed that if you find you have been upgraded that you will keep that room ..You'll only know for sure when you get to the port.

Robyn January 21st, 2003 07:24 AM

We also booked a balcony stateroom, and got upgraded to a higher deck - from Main to Verandah. A good thing my TA tells me, but a balcony stateroom is a balcony stateroom, no?
Robyn

Lisa January 21st, 2003 09:56 PM

The Kelly method is a way of finding a guaranteed stateroom assignment - you will NEVER get lower than the category guaranteee you booked - for example if you book an outside guarantee you will never get worse than the minimum category outside cabin.

Sooshie January 28th, 2003 10:56 PM

But you could end up in the bow of the ship right? I like knowing that my cabin will be mid-ship. It's a great idea if you don't mind where in that cat. you will be located.

NH Lady January 29th, 2003 05:09 AM

Yes, You could-or on the back of the boat

When you book a guarentee all it guarentees is that you'll have that catagory room or better. I booked a 6B guarentee and that's what I got. It's not a bad room, and though I'd LOVE anupgrade, I found out that the only rooms still available (Other than the suites) are on the rear of the ship, 2 decks up. Not sure I really WANT that upgrade.

Lauralord January 29th, 2003 06:36 AM

Re: Yes, You could-or on the back of the boat

I went on my cruise last week, and went from a category 4A to 6A, and I was in the middle of the ship. Still didn't do much good when the sea was so rough we could hear the slapping of the ship coming down on the waves. A woman fell and broke her hip, another broke her nose, and there were barf bags at every trash can. Oh well, had a great time all the other days except for that last one.

martinimomma. January 29th, 2003 10:59 AM

Re: Re: Yes, You could-or on the back of the boat

Went from a 6A to a 6D, on Sensation 2-13-03, but we now have a cabin Empress deck aft (E259). is that a problem? never had an aft cabin before.

Melodie March 20th, 2003 07:53 PM

How can you get an upgrade

HI,
I am a first time cruiser and I have an assigned room number, U299. Inside cabin. How can I get an upgrade for little or no cost

markferman March 21st, 2003 09:37 AM

Re: How can you get an upgrade

for no cost - not likely to happen, for some cost - possibly.

martinimomma March 21st, 2003 11:59 AM

WENT FROM 6A TO 6D, you don't want the empress deck aft. We bounced around for four days -- never take aft cabin again!!!

Cindy March 21st, 2003 01:05 PM

Just found that we were upgraded on the Paradise from a 6B to a 6D - midship on Empress deck. It is below the very edge of the galley. Hope this cabin won't be noisy.

Tactics March 22nd, 2003 10:10 AM

Can anyone post a link or info on this Kelly method. I'd like to check it out. thx!

Carol Pullen March 22nd, 2003 01:43 PM

Just go to Carnival.com and click onto gifts, pick one as though you were going to purchase and it will ask you for your booking number and then your cabin number. You should know the category you booked. With a layout of the cabins, you start entering cabin numbers within your category. You will know when you hit the right cabin bacause it come back with your sailing date and your name. It can take some time to find the right cabin. If you were booked with a group rate, you may not be assigned a cabin.
We are going in October, on the Spirit and I located our cabin but my Sister who booked an inside cabin usuing the TA's group rate has not been assigned a cabin.

Happy hunting.

Carol

Tactics March 22nd, 2003 03:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Found my cabin through Kelly method

ok thx. My cabin is TBA since my TA did an upgrade to a better room so maybe i'll just stick with what I have since I really won't have my cabin # until I board.

L Galloway March 24th, 2003 03:09 PM

We are sailig in June and are still unable to use the Kelly Method. We have a guarantee cabin and I guess have not been assigned yet, so it tell's us you cannot book a gift online with a guarantee category and gives us a number to call to order gifts. I will keep trying though.